What's new

Problems using the PS2 controller with Chankast.

AntaresPrime

Hi.

I used a PS2 controller (+ PS2 to USB adapter) with version alpha 0.2a of Chankast. When I switched to version alpha 0.25, I experienced major control problems. My d-pad was not responding at all. My adpater was functioning perfectly and Chankast alpha version 0.2a worked with it perfectly.

What could have happened between alpha 0.2a and alpha 0.25?

And what happened to that nice graphical interface that you use to configure your controls in alpha 0.2a? It was a pain to configure controls with the old interface again.

If anyone has any idea as to what is going on, please send me an email at [email protected]

BalleBal

I use a PSX to USB adapter also, but have not experienced any problems whatsoever.
You can still use the old pad config method by selecting "Elsemi's" at the plug-in config.

Maybe it'll help you out?

L8

TalynOne

You're getting the old controller UI because you probably don't have the right input plugin selected.

Go to the "Plugins" menu and choose "Configure...". Make sure the Input Plugin combo box has "Input Interface by ElSemi" selected and then click the "OK" button. Then when you go to the "Options"->"Configure Controls" menu you should get the new UI.

I have a PS2 USB controller adapter and it works fine on mine.