What's new

Help me get Panzer Dragoon Saga working (using the new cassini emulator)

keraykin

Some Puerto Rican Guy
I have the cd images of Panzer Dragoon Saga when i try to load it but the emulator runs cue and the cd images are iso..how do I turn iso into cue? Or if there is another thing I am not doing please tell me I am new at this stuff. (Thanx to the Cassini Team for their efforts and emulator, really apreciated)

Frath

keraykin said:
I have the cd images of Panzer Dragoon Saga when i try to load it but the emulator runs cue and the cd images are iso..how do I turn iso into cue? Or if there is another thing I am not doing please tell me I am new at this stuff. (Thanx to the Cassini Team for their efforts and emulator, really apreciated)

First, make sure you have cdrwin and Daemon Tools virtual drive.
First step is to load up the cue using D-Tools (to make the computer think that the actual Panzer Dragoona Saga cd is inserted). Then, open cdrwin and select 'Extract Disc/Tracks/Sectors' image. Then select the drive you are using as a virtual drive (usually third one down). Finally, click on the 'Start' option near the bottom of the window to begin conversion. This will convert the cd image file to bin/cue files, suitable for loading with emulators. Hope it helped.

OP
K

keraykin

Some Puerto Rican Guy
THANK YOU. Wow thnx alot man it works!!! appreciate it greatly but now i have come of a another problem when i start it up it takes me to the cdplayer thing which is in japanese...now im positive i put in the US bios and renamed it like told so i did manage to start the game wehre it shows me scenes from the game but then when i pressed the key i had to start it takes me back to the japanese cdplayer. If you could help a newbie out it would mean alot to me.

Last edited:

Chandro

I've just come off a couple of hours of Panzer Dragoon Saga using Cassini and it works pretty much flawlessly on my Athlon 1800+. I only noticed slowdown on a couple of occasions (nothing to hinder enjoyment).

I'd say the problem could be your bios. I tested out 3 or 4 different ones and only one of them worked so that the cd-image was recognised as a Saturn Disc. All the other times I couldn't get past the cd-player screen (the one you're stuck on).

If you have the right bios and you mount the image it should work (provided your image is ok).

Not sure if this has helped any but just to let you know Saga is working great. Thanks to the Cassini team, or the Girigiri team. I'm not sure which at this stage. ;)

George

GiriGiri ran PDS great - EXCEPT that it wouldn't continue when you got to the boss in the desert. It sounds like Cassini fixed this, which is awesome.

Chandro

Yep George.

I beat the boss in the desert (the one which changes forms from defensive to mobile) and then my Dragon (Dragos, imaginative aren't I?) was upgraded and....well I won't spoil the suprise.

Then I camped and entered the Caravan area (which is only open after you beat the desert boss I believe).

I'll see if I can play further in tonight. It's such a great game I might not be able to stop myself. ;)

George

Yeah, I'd be eager to continue in PDS too if I hadn't just bought Megaman Legends and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter , two awesome RPGs. Strangely enough, Megaman Legends reminds me of PDS without the dragon. You explore ruins and fight ancient, mechanical defenders that are only slightly less cool than the ruins in the Panzer Dragoon games. I had always wanted to play as a non-dragon rider in the Panzer Dragoon world ever since seeing the opening video to the first game, so it's quite fun.

Chandro

Gah, bad news.

It freezes on the dialogue just before the ATOLM DRAGON boss battle. Well not freeze as such, the dialogue remains on the screen and the animation and music continue, almost as if you just hadn't pressed the continue button but nothing works. You're stuck there till you exit.

Not sure whether this is a disc change part and whether that may be the problem but it freezes on the dialogue:

How can you be on his side?

I'm gutted, I was really wrapped up in it and had just beaten another boss without being able to save.

Edit: BTW anyone know if swapping discs is supported? *whistles innocently*
Edit 2: This has already been posted http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22074&highlight=panzer but I didn't think to do a search. Onion's suggestion didn't solve the problem for me though. :(

Last edited:

Chandro

Just thought I'd update this thread for people still having trouble at this point using GiriGiri or one of its hacks.

This page has a save game pack that's compatible with GiriGiri and is nicely broken up before and after areas and boss battles. Overall a nice piece of work by Lance Way. Cheers mate. :)

http://www.panzerdragoon.net/accessories/index.php

If you can't download it let me know and I'll post it as an attachment, or host it myself. It's only small, 20kb or so.

Hope this helps someone out, I know it did me.

Zhofe

Does anyone have any sort of approximation of how long I have to wonder about before the Atolm Dragon battle works? I want to continue the game, but I'd rather not have to use someone elses save-game.

Also, is there any way to edit (or hack if necessary) those save games so I could more or less keep my data (or atleast a near copy of it) in case wondering aimlessly around doesn't work?

Thank you in advance.

Chandro

Even if you get past that point there were a couple of similar crashes a bit later on.

In the end it was either miss big chunks of the game by using the downloaded saves or just give up. I decided on the later, for now. Hopefully these bugs will be ironed out in a later hack. I'll be patient.

Oh and I don't think the wandering around thing works, at least it didn't for me and I tried it a good few times at various lengths.

Shame but I don't really think this game is playable yet, not all the way through anyway.