What's new

Nightmare Returns! (version .25)

Vchat20

ok. long story short. in version 0.1, chanka would crash as soon as i hit start. would never show the DC logo.

version 0.2 and 0.2a this was fixed. despite the shitty framerates, it ran. i was playing sonic adventure 1 & 2 and a few other games just fine.

now in version 0.25 my nightmare returns. as soon as i hit start, it crashes.

anyone got any ideas here?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Vchat20 said:
ok. long story short. in version 0.1, chanka would crash as soon as i hit start. would never show the DC logo.

version 0.2 and 0.2a this was fixed. despite the shitty framerates, it ran. i was playing sonic adventure 1 & 2 and a few other games just fine.

now in version 0.25 my nightmare returns. as soon as i hit start, it crashes.

anyone got any ideas here?

your gfx drivers are updated ?

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

yep. all drivers are updated and windows updates are all installed. ill check again to see if there are new gfx drivers, but i checked last week and didnt notice any.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

they are i my profile.

2GHZ Celeron
512MB PC3200 DDR running @ 2100
60GB 7200RPM IBM Hard Drive
Intel Onboard Graphics w/64MB Shared
XP Pro

and before anythign is said about it not meeting the system requirements, like i said above. it HAS worked before despite the slowdown.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Vchat20 said:
Intel Onboard Graphics w/64MB Shared

v0.25 certainly use specific nvidia/ati instructions call... so in that case you have to wait for an update of the intel onboard graphics driver or wait for another release of chankast...

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Nightmare said:
v0.25 certainly use specific nvidia/ati instructions call... so in that case you have to wait for an update of the intel onboard graphics or wait for another release of chankast...

he is really luky that chankast started before.
hes comp specs sux, i must say.
onboard graphics wont cut it, celeron cpu are too weak.
he needs a real graphic card and a minimum p4 with sse.

otherwise just pray a game might start :term: :bye3: