What's new

i need a color tweak for voodoo3 to have 24-bit color or higher

gokuss4

Meh...
please i really want it. i hope there is one, and ive been searchin for hours. try to find a program for a voodoo3 to tweak it where you can have 24-bit color support or higher like 32-bit true color.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
trust me i can see the difference, just a bit not much but the colors look smoother, i know this since my older bro has a geforce 2 GO 32MB and his supports 32-bit of course and i saw a difference.

Trotterwatch

It's a hardware issue not a software or driver issue, thus there is no way you can get 24bit or 32bit colour in 3D accelerated mode on a Voodoo 3 - it supports those two modes only in 2D.

16bit colour is the limit in 3D.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
DAMNIT!!! why did they only have support for 16-bit color in 3d? thats not fair :angry: why couldn't they put 24-bit or 32-bit color mode in there for 3D?

Reznor007

For the V3, in the driver settings set the 3d filter to on, and alpha blending to smoother. It will make the color look better.

But the V3 chip was basically a combination of the Voodoo Banshee and Voodoo2, so 32bit was not an option. 32bit 3d rendering on Voodoo cards is only possible on Voodoo4 and Voodoo5.