What's new

can project 64 tell if zelda OoT is limited edition

loopsider

i was wondering how you could tell if your rom was the limited edition. i have one of the original gold cartridges and there are a bunch of glitches that are fun to use(and gannon has red blood at the end of the game). i just wanted to know if there are ways to tell other than waiting until the end of the game to find out.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
V1.0 U is generally the gold cart. There are some rare gray cart 1.0s with a few bugs fixed, but I don't think they've been dumped.

Quvack

A friend has a few grey carts of Zelda OoT, I'll have to dump em and see what happens :p More dumps is more cheats for me to make/mess around with :D

OP
L

loopsider

cooliscool said:
V1.0 U is generally the gold cart. There are some rare gray cart 1.0s with a few bugs fixed, but I don't think they've been dumped.

one of the ones i have are 1.2, so those are the grey? are there other clues, because the other one i have just says the title without version number.

i might just check with goodn64 but it might not be 1.0

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
A friend of mine's has a pre-release of the game that has the heart containers in different places and some other minor changes. I wish I could play this version again :(

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
PsyMan said:
A friend of mine's has a pre-release of the game that has the heart containers in different places and some other minor changes. I wish I could play this version again :(

Pre-release? You're SURE!?!?!

You know how much I'd pay to get a pre-release cart?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:(

edit: yes, the 1.2 carts are gray.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
cooliscool said:
Pre-release? You're SURE!?!?!

You know how much I'd pay to get a pre-release cart?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:(
Yeap, I'm sure. It was the first OOT that I've finished. :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, I was going to buy it but didn't have a N64 back then (bough it 3 months later). The problem is that I have to see him 1,5 years so it's impossible for me to dump it right now :\ (but I'll definately dump it when I see him) :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Aw man.. if it really is what you say it is.. I'm certain it's FULL of UNSEEN beta stuff..

/me goes off and cries in a corner.. :(

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It just has some hearts in different places and Link draws the Master sword with a different way, nothing more.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Well if it really was a "pre-release" cart, it would have a bit more. :p

Also, even if the version you played isn't like the one I had in mind, there's still a good chance it has more beta contained in it than the OoT 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 final releases..

/me wishes N would give us all the OoT beta in a promotional pack.. :(

link64knows

Fierce Deity
I have the U v1.0 and 1.2 oot, and i realized thatthey both use the same save file, so when i begin the game, i can choose which version i want to use, and that way i can see if that function works. And if i have a file in the third slot it still shows up on the v1.0

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
PsyMan said:
It just has some hearts in different places and Link draws the Master sword with a different way, nothing more.
???
I dun't believe that, there were so many rumors about that and noone was real, all only were fakes! And I don't understand why only ONE people in the whole world would have these Pre-Release. Could it be, that you only have wrong memories?
If not: please go into the TV, to a "hopelessly searched" show and ask for him! I wanna discover some things cooliscool didn't discovered yet! :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
MasterPhW_DX said:
???
I dun't believe that, there were so many rumors about that and noone was real, all only were fakes! And I don't understand why only ONE people in the whole world would have these Pre-Release. Could it be, that you only have wrong memories?
If not: please go into the TV, to a "hopelessly searched" show and ask for him! I wanna discover some things cooliscool didn't discovered yet! :p

Hehe.. I'd love to see it. :p

j/k. :)

Seriously though, I doubt it was a real pre-release cart.

Last edited:
OP
L

loopsider

cooliscool said:
Hehe.. I'd love to see it. :p

j/k. :)

Seriously though, I doubt it was a real pre-release cart.

lol i just had to view more of my zelda's title in pj64 to see that it was 1.0 . :plain:

a pre-release cart would be awesome, but doubt anybody still has it, is it even in english?

anybody remember the old bug in zelda that you could slightly take off the cartridge off the n64 and when you take it out just right you get a debug screen with a message?

can that be emulated?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
loopsider said:
lol i just had to view more of my zelda's title in pj64 to see that it was 1.0 . :plain:

a pre-release cart would be awesome, but doubt anybody still has it, is it even in english?

anybody remember the old bug in zelda that you could slightly take off the cartridge off the n64 and when you take it out just right you get a debug screen with a message?

can that be emulated?

It's not a bug. :p

It's possible the debug function could be emulated via a GS cheat, but no one has managed that yet.