What's new

another prob, read the Manual

booty_daddy

"The Ultimate Thrilla"
I read FAQ, and the chankast manual before posting this thread.

Error Command , CPU does not support SSE.

Does this mean i'm screwed, once again i Have read the manual, didn't find anything , i have an AMD 1GHZ.

I know i need damemon tools, but what do you guys think is the prob

once again thanks.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It is stated in both the manual and the FAQ that you need a CPU that supports SSE in order to run Chankast, if Chankast comes with the "CPU does not support SSE" error and you cannot enable it from your mobo or something then you are screwed.

OP
B

booty_daddy

"The Ultimate Thrilla"
just out of interest

Just out of interest what is "SSE" when it's at home.

Forgive me i'm not a computer techhy.

OP
B

booty_daddy

"The Ultimate Thrilla"
cheers nightmare, it would appear that post is over a week old, so i look forward to the relaease of version 0.3, and hope there is support.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
booty_daddy said:
cheers nightmare, it would appear that post is over a week old, so i look forward to the relaease of version 0.3, and hope there is support.

maybe the problem is not your cpu, but your motheroard... check your bios to see if you can activate/disactivate sse

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Trotterwatch said:
A 1ghz Athlon will not support SSE full stop.
mezkal said:
Yup. T-Bird 1.4 is lowest Ath (pre XP) that supports SSE.

really ? i didn't know that... sse started with P3 450 mghz... humm, it seems it has taken time for amd to implement sse support...

Last edited:
OP
B

booty_daddy

"The Ultimate Thrilla"
In that Case........

In the case, keep me updated since, this new version .03, looks like the only option for some of us, if it does have the relevant fixes.

That previous linked thread said version 0.3 would be out within a week, and the date on that thread is already over a week old.

Any more news regarding the newer version, for all whoknow, please keep us updated.

Trotterwatch

It is highly unlikely that the need for SSE support will be dropped, at least not in the next version.

One of the authors is on record as saying that SSE is used extensively in order to achieve decent speed performance.

OP
B

booty_daddy

"The Ultimate Thrilla"
i see

I see , shame, well hopfully at some point, even if it's not the next verison.

are their any other emulators , or good pc programs , this SSE is likley to affect?

:plain: