What's new

Gameboy DS Emulator

Masterem

Does anyone know if the prodction of a (jap) gameboy ds is in the making?

Also have they released a date for which the gameboy ds well be released in the us.

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Probaly, it usually goes

Japan, US, Europe

It will probably come out in europe nearer the end.

BountyJedi

you mean eurpoe proabaly will get it last? argh well i can stand it =P cuz ive got other stuff to do also so it isnt so bad =p

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
It's not going to be a Gameboy at all. It won't carry the Gameboy name. It's called the Nintendo DS right now although the big N said it's name and design will be different once it gets to consumers. It will be out in the US AND Japan by the end of the year. It's looking like a fall release for Japan and November or so in the US.

-Shadow-

Banned
gogothemimic said:
It's not going to be a Gameboy at all. It won't carry the Gameboy name. It's called the Nintendo DS right now although the big N said it's name and design will be different once it gets to consumers. It will be out in the US AND Japan by the end of the year. It's looking like a fall release for Japan and November or so in the US.

Class :D Do you mean year 2004 ? Then europe will get the DS maybe spring 2005 :D

foogy

emulators for the new handhelds are gonna be a bitch to make! the ds w/ 2 screens and 2 processors.....imagine running project 64 and vba at the same time! gooooooooo.

ps. will ds have a region lockout?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
H3ad5h0tter said:
Class :D Do you mean year 2004 ? Then europe will get the DS maybe spring 2005 :D
DO really think? You know Nintendo! They will release the Nintedo DS X-Mas 2005 at the earliest! That's the way BigN handle in good old europe (and specially Germany!)
emulators for the new handhelds are gonna be a bitch to make! the ds w/ 2 screens and 2 processors.....imagine running project 64 and vba at the same time! gooooooooo.
Look at Chankast! The DC was a bitch of a console and it will be working on a 600Mhz Pc (in the future). And when the first emulator is out, the processors and CPUs are bigger and better... Pentulum XP 64 12,8 Ghz... Year 2222... *lol*

OP
Masterem

Masterem

why would they release it this year when the gameboy sp is still selling like wildfire. i think they will milk the SP for all its worth then drop the new DS for about 150$ christmas time next year. (i dont know if thats the real price but does anyone have a idea of what it might be?)

foogy

MasterPhW_DX said:
DO really think? You know Nintendo! They will release the Nintedo DS X-Mas 2005 at the earliest! That's the way BigN handle in good old europe (and specially Germany!)

Look at Chankast! The DC was a bitch of a console and it will be working on a 600Mhz Pc (in the future). And when the first emulator is out, the processors and CPUs are bigger and better... Pentulum XP 64 12,8 Ghz... Year 2222... *lol*

just sayin' 2 processors is gonna take alot of juice, dont forget about the 1 displays needed to be emulated...... cant be half as hard as the saturn, which has far more complex hardware than the dreamcast! i hav a 2ghz athlon xp and i still cant manage getting full speed on Nights or on Panzer Dragoon with girigiri....... i cant wait for the ds! its gonna be awesome. i just hope the homebrew seen will be alot bigger on it than gba. ahhh the emulators capable on this sys, genesis, snes, neogeo......3D0? SegaCD?

theres just so many things i want to know about this sys!