What's new

Error: what does it means?

Manzotin

Hi everibody! tried this emu, it starts, but just after the "dreamcast" screen it comes this error.

ioControl

Error

I met all the requirements, but cannot install drivers for my video card, maybe is that. Got a Radeon Mobility 9000, and when installing them it says that can't locate the drivers on the system... thought i got the last version already installed on my pc, but maybe i'm wrong.

Any help? Thx!

Byez :party:

astroduck

Use Daemon tool version 3.29(any other version won't work for some reason...) or Alcohol 120% virtual CD drive.

OP
M

Manzotin

Ops hemmm....

Hi i'm just anotherstupidnewbieno-faqreader :)

Ok, now the control error doesn't seem to appear. But i never wonder everything runs pretty easy. In fact, ta-dan!, chankast crashes.
OOhh yeah! :evil:
The only message is the very useful windows one. I'm under XP...

well... hope that this time i read everithing in the faq.... :paperbag:

Thx ;)

PS: In the Official Chanckast Manual, "Step 2: Mount an image", the icon of Daemon Tools is the 3.46 one ;)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Manzotin said:
In the Official Chanckast Manual, "Step 2: Mount an image", the icon of Daemon Tools is the 3.46 one ;)
That's a detail :p
Regarding the crash, make sure that you've read everything (manual, FAQ, etc...) and that you have the latest drivers for your video card.

jmosher

Hi Manzotin,

I had what sounds like the same issue to the letter including not being able to install video drivers for the card. I created a thread called laptop compatibility but pretty much says http://www.omegadrivers.net. Go there to get the newest catalyst drivers. I believe this should correct the issue. One last thing to be sure of, the latest and greatest directX drivers - version 9b.

----
Sometimes we all just need a hammer to garner some cooperation.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
astroduck said:
Use Daemon tool version 3.29(any other version won't work for some reason...) or Alcohol 120% virtual CD drive.

I use version 3.33 and it works just fine, for some reason...

OP
M

Manzotin

Ok thx everybody posted here, now chanck works!

MMmm hehehe :icecream:

better say "runs"

i got 3 games:

Powerstone 2
jojo
Zombie revenge

the fps at pow 2 is about 40 in some areas, ok , falls down to 20 in others, bleah!

jojo, i read the discussion about, but with that cable it shows on half screen. Good frames.
Zombie rev: 20 frames at the best! bleargh!

i got a P4 2.6ghz, 512 ram, radeon mobile 9000... i run from CDI.
Any great tip about implementing frame?

jmosher

Now we all have to know what exactly did you update on your system before it started to work.

----
The answers, it's all about the answers nothing more.

rcgamer

the old guy
mess with the over\under clocking. you hshould be able to get better fps than that with zombie revenge. i have it working pretty well with my 1800+.

if you dont know then just hit the + and - keys a few times. you will get the idea. for me it works best to underclock.

OP
M

Manzotin

Ok, thx to Jmosher i updated the drivers of my video card, and directx updated to 9.0b too.

Ah...tried to overclock....but i'm on a notebook, and there is'nt the right part of the keyboard :p pushing the normal + or - wont' do anything :paperbag:

EDIT: i think it's some kinda RAM problem: the games starts good, but after several minutes the fps falls down. Restarting Chank is not useful, but restarting pc is. Well, i can't reboot every 10 minutes. :bouncy:

Last edited:
OP
M

Manzotin

ok i downloaded now the new relase...same problem. The game starts good, but after a couple of mins, the fps fall down to 20, in Zombie revenge as in Powerstone 2. It is not a ram problem, i have now a ram optimizer, but it says that is used 20% of the ram when the problem occours.

Any idea? :alien2:

Last edited: