What's new

Big problems for me! Please help

bonecrusher

For some strange reason the only version of jnes i can extract and run is version 5.1 the other versions i get an extracting error saying HARD DRIVE IS FULL failed to extract.. I deleted temp files etc.. i got 36 gigs of hd space
run windows 98 1st edition and i can run jnes 5.1 perfectly except i get one error with killera where it says clienterror and restarts constantly or the server list has an error...
can someone help me please!!
again the self extract works for 5.1 and the others nothing
i tried deleting it and there is no uninstall...
help me out

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
try opening the self extracting .exe with winrar and manually extract the files, if not, i can post a file for you.

OP
B

bonecrusher

ggab said:
bonecrusher, strange issue...
did u try with version 3.3 or the new 3.4 beta1 ? (www.rarlab.com/download.htm)

someone in tech talk asked me the same question and told me to install 3.3
i tried it and same error then i downloaded 3.4 beta 1 and it didnt work either
then he told me to try a program called 7zip and it says nothing is in the archive

OP
B

bonecrusher

i got it in a 7z format from another website works perfect
wish the webmaster would stop using this self extraction program since some people cant use it.. winzip is universal and everyone can use it

Jabo

Emulator Developer
believe it or not some people don't know how to unzip files, or worse, they do it incorrectly and it just makes it worse

at any rate, I just tested this out on windows 98 and noticed the problem you described, I will probably have an updated installer sometime, thanks for the heads up. windows 98 is often an os that is forgotten about, the actual problem with this is unrelated to the self extractor per se. In windows 9X the directory "Jnes 0.5.3" (the default) isn't valid when asking windows how much free disk space (9x has lots of horrid problems like this)

From a self-extractor side I can try to fix this with some hack, in the mean time you can just modify the path to something simple like "C:\Jnes" and it works just fine -- funny eh ?

*UPDATE* there is a new installer available in the thread above this, I realize it's somewhat too late since there are quite a few emu-news sites that mirrored the exe already, but win98 isnt too too popular ?

Last edited: