What's new

why hello

Pineconeboy

I was gonna post a thread here asking how or if I might enable Ogre Battle 64 to work, but then I read the forum sticky and decided perhaps I should try them ini's first. So instead I'm just posting to say HI! There seems to be a lot of questions you're not supposed to ask around here.

PCB

OP
Pineconeboy

Pineconeboy

Hmmm, while I'm being a pain in the butt, does anybody know where I might find a compatibility list of some kind for Nemu64? Again please pardon any blatant noobishness on my part.

PCB

Allnatural

Pineconeboy said:
Hmmm, while I'm being a pain in the butt, does anybody know where I might find a compatibility list of some kind for Nemu64? Again please pardon any blatant noobishness on my part.

PCB
Don't know if anyone's made an actual compatibility list, but you could always browse through the ini. You'll find everything you need there.:)

OP
Pineconeboy

Pineconeboy

Hmmm, comment = playable. Just out of curiosity, what type of rom is Ogre Battle? (.pal, .rom etc)

OP
Pineconeboy

Pineconeboy

Well, I got emumaniac's ini and its comment about the Ogre Battle rom is that it's playable; however it will just keep saying "Nemulating......." forever when trying to load the rom. There may be a setting of some type I need to mess with; I've just no idea what that is.

PCB

OP
Pineconeboy

Pineconeboy

I figured it out :D. The file came with a strange extension, and once I changed that to .exe it turned into a self-extracting winzip file, which I promptly unzipped. I'm going to wait 'til a new version of Nemu to play it though - it just seems blasphemous to do so now with the sprites missing ;).

flow``

flow``
any unzipped rom should work although the most common formats are .v64, .z64, and .rom and rarely the .n64 format

i've never ran into a .pal, .usa or any others that there might be

the easiest way is to download Tool64 (from emu64->n64 rools) and byteswap your rom to .v64 format (the most commonly accepted format it seems)

also rename it with goodn64 since it is very valuable info to know if you have a good dump or not

*does best tesla impression*

"Thanks for reading the rules, NOW GO READ THE RULES 10 MORE TIMES BEFORE SUPPER ";)

or, feel free to ask what you like... and maybe even ask that the "rules" thread be changed to an FAQ thread then instead of sounding all condecending and n00bie hating i could say "yeah its in the FAQ check it out":devil: