What's new

Missing bullets in Ikaruga

Ilitirit

There's a section on the 2nd stage where all the bullets coming from the walls are invisible. They are visible in wireframe mode though.
Is this a chankast thing or is it my graphics card (GeForce FX 5200)? Is there a workaround or setting I can change in chankast to be able to see them?

holymoz

I've got the same problem too,with a bit of practice I pass that level dying only three or four times, just to stay near the circlet that fires at you with the same color of your ship (and quickly switching if necessary), I finished that game a lot of times with chankast and works really good

foogy

well considering there are no bullets on the game i think there isnt a problem. ;)

even though i only made it to the 3rd level...... just a joke

holymoz

there is no solution, like the sound bugs in RECV or other games, we just need to wait for next releases

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Yep, it's the emu and not the graphics card. It happens to me too with my GeForce 2. Just wait to the next versions :)

Guus

Same for me with my radeon 9700.

Ikaruga is almost perfect only that little bug(but it makes it unplayable) and the 2 black sides :D

holymoz

unplayable is a big word, I explained upper how to pass that level, I usually pass the missing bullets stage dying from 1 to 4 times, nothing critical, considering that with 6 hours playng (total 9) it become freeplay without credits

Guus

True True but i mean that's it's hard to pass that level without losing much lives. But it's still awesome to play :>

morpheusx

Guus said:
Same for me with my radeon 9700.

Ikaruga is almost perfect only that little bug(but it makes it unplayable) and the 2 black sides :D

Guus,the black bars on the sides is'nt a bug my friend,if you want to ride of them,just go to configuration,change the horizontal to 2,start the game,walla,the bars are gone :happy:

Foogasi

I used a cheat program just to get past that part of the stage. I used ArtMoney Its a free program. You set it to look at the chankast prosess when you are running ikaruga. and tell it to look at these addresses.
01D713EC = P1 Lives (1 byte integer)
01D713ED = P2 Lives (1 byte integer)

Tell it to freeze the values to whatever you want so you can get past that part. And make sure you unfreeze it.... cheaters never win ;-)

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Man, that sucks. Sorry to get offtopic, but are there other games like this that were made for Dreamcast? Well, not exactly, but are there other top-down shooters for the DC which feel old-school? I know there's Gunbird 2 but I can't find it anywhere... I've been in the mood for these type of games lately, but this is the only DC one I own.