What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

just a little issue for me but whats wrong with the sky?

Yeah, there are some texture coordinate errors, it's not just with the sky. I'll try to fix it soon.

gokuss4

Meh...
oh yeah. no other plug-in i tried fixed that problem but nemu did. there are no bad texture coordinance so no sky problem :) in nemu.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

So far I have been able to get Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Chopper Attack, and Tetrisphere to show up.

While trying to get Pilotwings to work, I noticed that a lot of the combine modes include G_CCMUX_TEXEL1. Does any emu coder know how the N64 does multi-texturing? Where do the set of texture coordinates for the second texture come from, and how does it know which texture to use (or is it always tile descriptor 1)?

To LoneRaven:
Your list of ucodes is nice, but a lot of the games (such as goldeneye and f-zero x) are listed under the wrong ucode, (goldeneye should be ucode1 and F-Zero X I think should be ucode5). How did you compile the list? Anyway, for the most part they are right. :alien:

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
I am very sorry for any inaccuracy. ??? I compiled a complete rom list using GoodWindows/GoodN64. Next, I compiled a Ucode list based on Daedalus findings. I am not sure how to find the "for sure" Ucode, myself, but I believe most of the Ucodes should be right.

Eddy

I Run This
dave does glide have filtering options ? trilinear? bilenear or linear filtering? because only the v4 and v5 have AA, other than that there is no way to remove jagged edges, besides putting up resolution.

Reznor007

Eddy said:
dave does glide have filtering options ? trilinear? bilenear or linear filtering? because only the v4 and v5 have AA, other than that there is no way to remove jagged edges, besides putting up resolution.

Glide supports point sampling, bilinear, and trilinear. Hardware support is the thing.

V1/Vrush/Vbanshee=Bilinear only
V2/V3=trilinear for free when doing single texturing, bilinear when multitexturing
V4/V5=1/2 speed trilinear for single texturing, bilinear for multitexturing.

Eddy

I Run This
then dave later on in the project, you can add these features. You just have to autodetect the voodoo card, and gray out the checkboxes that do not correspond to the card. For example. trilinear filtering for the v1, greyed out. But for v5, it is selectable.

Eddy

I Run This
sounds like a combiner isnt present, thats why there is a black block when the bomb occurs

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, it may be a while until the next release. I'm trying to make games other than Mario work. Currently, Chopper Attack, Blast Corps, and Pilotwings 64 show up, all with texture problems. Chopper attack is doing best so far.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
great PlugIn, looks amazing on my voodoo 5 5500 64 MB,
only thing missing from mario is fog emulation, other then that it's almost flawless , well there are some very small glitches (like metal mario being black)
but as you said on your site you probably know it and working on it.

i have a question though, (being that i don't know anything about programming) will it be very hard to add an on-screen FPS counter?
also a wireframe mode (like in 0.01) to 0.03?

just a couple of suggestions, don't get mad.

if you don't have someone /w a v5 and need to test somthing i'll be glad to help.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Wow, Starfox and Mario Kart (ucode 1 games) show up now. Expect them to be working in the next release :). I'll put up screenshots once I fix a few things.

They run at a very good speed too, even the planet map in starfox.

gokuss4

Meh...
ill post screenshots of mario64 right now. marios face has multitexturing ^_^ in other words multitexturing ahas been added to ucode 0 although lighting still needs to be fixed a little

gokuss4

Meh...
here is another screenshot of when you go into the star level select, spherical mapping needs to be fixed/added for the stars and other misc things to not show aup like that but i believe its only the stars.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Actually, mario's face is not multitexturing, it's just using spherical mapping. It's a little too bright right now because I haven't finished with the texture sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.