What's new

Annoying Crash/Bug

cvieor

This happens every time play a game with 1964. Loading the emulator does not do this, but only occurs after it has been loaded. When I am done playing and I go to shutdown my computer, it will stay on the screen saying "windows is shutting down" and I have to turn it off manually. It's annoying, but I can live with it if it's the only way to play it for me. My specs are the following:
Windows 98 SE
PIII 600
some crap intel seattle mobo (who knows why I bought this one)
256 mb ram
GeForce FX 5200
Vortex AU8830

Any other info you need just ask. Thank you to all who help!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1964 is not known for working properly on windows 98, but still I find it hard to believe 1964 is the cause, its more likely tol be your video drivers, since any number of video plugins utilize DirectX or opengl, could be sound plugins too, I can't say for sure. Maybe 1964 is to blame but I still wouldn't touch that idea with a barge poll :p

OP
C

cvieor

blah its 1964

I can run a rom in Project 64 (sluggishly) with the same plugins, and my computer won't crash on shutdown. Oh, and the service pack didn't help any. Well, I can always wait for a new version to fix it. Thanks for the help!

knowitman

Did you try to update your drivers like they said? I know it may not be the cause, but it will improve your gameplay a LOT.

OP
C

cvieor

the game runs virtually flawlessly, so thats not the problem. And yes, my drivers have been updated, warbucket usually posts when the latest nvidia or ati drivers are out.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
There is a bug fix for the problem you're talking about, Windows 98 locking up during the shut down or maunal rebooting process, when Windows is displaying
"Windows is shutting down". That symptom is most common when the Windows 98 PC is connected to a LAN.

OP
C

cvieor

I am linked up to two other computers in the house by use of a linksys router, so that may be it. Is this a seperate bug fix, or included in the service pack. I installed the shutdown fixes from that pack but they didn't help any. Blah :yucky:

OP
C

cvieor

did that a looooooooooong time ago. doesn't fix jack that has to do with 1964. i still think it has to be 1964 since loading roms with Project 64 has no effects on shutdown. oh well, thanks for all the help, and if you can think of a different solution, post it! thank you to all.