What's new

Please help:program shuts down everytime!!

josher4life

:ninja: I have been having some problems getting JNES to run, especially when opening ROMs. I get the following message: "JNES.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I select the Debug button, I get the following pop-up: "Just-In-Time Debugging--An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occured in JNES.exe. However, no debuggers are registered that can debug this exception. Unable to JIT debug."
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. My computer has an Athlon 1.4 GHz processor with 256 MB of SDRAM. I have the latest version of Direct X and the very best sound and graphics cards. If any one can help me, I will be grateful. Thanks.
:batman:

Last edited:
OP
josher4life

josher4life

IceFox38 said:
NEStron? This is the Jnes forum.

Are you using the latest 0.5.3 version?

Yes, I am. Unfortunately, it is not working properly. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :batman:

xamenus

Maybe you could try reinstalling Jnes? You'll have to delete it from the registry (which reminds me, Jabo should create some sort of Jnes uninstaller for these situations, IMO ;)).

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Do previous versions of Jnes work? We need your help diagnosing this issue .. more info the better, see if other emulators work too, turn off audio see if that helps, etc etc

OP
josher4life

josher4life

Jabo said:
Do previous versions of Jnes work? We need your help diagnosing this issue .. more info the better, see if other emulators work too, turn off audio see if that helps, etc etc
I have unsuccessfully tried previous versions of Jnes as well as the nestron emulator. Same thing with all of them. :batman:

xamenus

What operating system are you using? IIRC, Jnes had some sort of problem with Win98 SE or something, though I think it was fixed...

EDIT: I noticed that in your other thread, you said that you have this problem with other emulators. So you might want to go to the TechTalk forum if you're having this problem with several programs. :)

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

(Found this on the Net)... very very long shot but worth trying, perhaps Jnes somehow interfaces with some of IE's code - for example, Netplay.

Try this.

Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
Check "Disable script debugging"
Uncheck "Display a notification about every script error"
--

Last edited: