What's new

Lock threads that are inactive

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
I see a lot of old threads keep getting revived with people quoting someone who probably doesn't come here any longer.

I propose Closing threads that are over 12 months since the last post.

While we don't want to many of the same threads coming up over and over again I think if no one has posted a thread about it in a year it would be fine to post a question that had been answered before.

Gorxon

Administrator
There is no way we have enough resources to do that. I don't think implementing a script to do it is good either. It's better to go at the users doing it...also remember that as long as it's relevant, digging up old threads isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Gorxon said:
also remember that as long as it's relevant, digging up old threads isn't neccessarily a bad thing.
For instance, the Babe thread. :)

I agree with Gorx. Despite how much I loathe gravedigging, locking old threads is overkill.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Plus, there are many interesting things and solutions for many problems in these "inactive" threads.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
PsyMan said:
Plus, there are many interesting things and solutions for many problems in these "inactive" threads.
A locked thread isn't a deleted thread; gravedigging sucks but closing threads based on their age isn't a good solution; what if a user has relevent info they want to pass on in an older thread, they shouldn't have to start up a new thread.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Malcolm said:
A locked thread isn't a deleted thread; gravedigging sucks but closing threads based on their age isn't a good solution; what if a user has relevent info they want to pass on in an older thread, they shouldn't have to start up a new thread.
I know that :p, but someone can continue an intresting conversation. It is also possible to give better solutions (or additional information as you already said) on some problems without the need of a new (useless) thread (this may also prevent some newbies from creating useless threads here and there).

Last edited: