What's new

OMG, an Athlon XP overclocked to 3 ghz!!!

Knuckles

holy sh*t! that is a ultra High-end PC! Dont only look @ the CPU but at the video card too, 1.76GHz memory! This guy got time and money to spend......

I wonder how it runs Dolphin :p

smcd

Don't fail to overlook the "dedicated OC-128 line." Crap, that'll let ya download all of the MAME 0.81 set in record time. ;)

-Shadow-

Banned
Wow , that guy must've lots of money or rich parents ! A standard vaporisator cooling costs about 1000€ :O . And the Hardware about 2000€ .

I wonder how it runs Dolphin
I don't think it will run that good... :D but chankast will rock :p

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
H3ad5h0tter said:
Wow , that guy must've lots of money or rich parents ! A standard vaporisator cooling costs about 1000€ :O . And the Hardware about 2000€ .

I don't think it will run that good... :D but chankast will rock :p

You know this is B/S right? I really hope so. -274C? I think not. Here goes some of the real deal. LN2 cooling, -196C. Check out the clocks on the video card too, and 14 120mm fans? This guy's gotta be joking or something.

http://www.vr-zone.com/ocdb/amd_screenshots/167i.gif

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Jigga0o7 said:
You know this is B/S right? I really hope so. -274C? I think not. Here goes some of the real deal. LN2 cooling, -196C. Check out the clocks on the video card too, and 14 120mm fans? This guy's gotta be joking or something.

http://www.vr-zone.com/ocdb/amd_screenshots/167i.gif

Huh ? Whats B/S ? I only know Vapochill , it makes the CPU around -200°C cold or something ( vaporisator )

Ok , i even think he's faking a little bit , because i've NEVER seen liquid nitrogen cooling for ram o_O Ah , i just seen hes got a custom mod for the Mobo + Modded nitrogen cooling , but 14 120cm fans ?! He's got even his own CASE ?!

I know that pic . I saw it on a japanese Overclocking site . It's very nice work , i really appreciate it ;)

RJABLABLA said:
Gee wiz, I doubt that will be possible with air cooling .
Hehe , try it with this air "cooling" :D ( warning , joke :D )

ventilator.jpg

Last edited:

Clements

Er...

Given that -273.15 degrees C is absolute zero, his processor cannot possibly be -274. Unless his PC defies the laws of physics.

...and think out it - liquid hydrogen. Do you know how dangerous that is? That is rocket fuel. If he was better at making stuff up, he would at least say he was using liquid helium.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Clements said:
Er...

Given that -273.15 degrees C is absolute zero, his processor cannot possibly be -274. Unless his PC defies the laws of physics.

...and think out it - liquid hydrogen. Do you know how dangerous that is? That is rocket fuel. If he was better at making stuff up, he would at least say he was using liquid helium.

Yeah.. a lot of the stuff he put there isn't logical. I mean, there's not a computer in the world that can use Liquid Hydrogen, is there? Let alone the degrees. :p ( As Clements mentioned. )

Burnpro

Supar ***
13xxx in 3dmark03 wiith a fx 5950????? that is a real joke.., someone before the new line graphic cards (x800,6800) broke 10,000 points in 3dmark03 with masive cooling and overclocking and with the fastest card in the momment (9800xt) and if i remember correctly he was using a 4.x GHZ cpu too.

and look at this:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/index.html
-196C with liquid nitrogen,
so once more he is BSing

Martin

Administrator
Clements said:
Er...

Hehe was about to say, that's impossible. :)

And that connection is fairly impossible as well. :)

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
H3ad5h0tter said:
Huh ? Whats B/S ? I only know Vapochill , it makes the CPU around -200°C cold or something ( vaporisator )

actually we have a vapochill in the house, it does up to a max of -50c, but with the pc running you get between -10c and +11c

I doubt he has liquid nitrogen cooling, cos hed have ice growing on the back of his motherboard which in turn would short the thing out, i think he talks bollocks tbh ;) altho that probably is possible, i mean ive seen a 486 SX 25 running at 2ghz with LN2 cooling, even tho it was only for 15 seconds before it fried :p

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Stezo2k said:
you might be right, that screenshot is a nice overclock though :)

3.5 ghz, thats gotta be at least a 4200+ PR rating

3578mhz on an AXP is farrr more than a 4200+ rating. A chip around 3.6ghz would get a 4650+ rating.

2.2 = 3200+
2.4 = 3400+
2.6 = 3600+
2.8 = 3800+
3.0 = 4000+
3.2 = 4200+
3.4 = 4400+
3.6 = 4600+

Take FSB into account. And thats all according to AMD's PR ratings which are bollocks IMO.

And I was going to say the temp is impossible according to physics but I forgot the numbers where absolute 0 started.

And I wish vapochill would get -200C. The newest Vapochills can get about -70C or so, and like -80C if you mod them with different gasses. You'd have to build a cascade machine if you'd want something to take it to -100C and beyond.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Jigga0o7 said:
And I wish vapochill would get -200C. The newest Vapochills can get about -70C or so, and like -80C if you mod them with different gasses. You'd have to build a cascade machine if you'd want something to take it to -100C and beyond.

cheers for the info mate, sounds good :)

as for the vapochills, any idea how much they are? will want to purchase one if the price is right ;)

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Stezo2k said:
cheers for the info mate, sounds good :)

as for the vapochills, any idea how much they are? will want to purchase one if the price is right ;)

Well now that nVentiv *maker of Prommetia's* is out of buisness, the price of vapochills are probably going to increase. I went looking around for prices since I might get one next month, and for the top of the line Vapochill AC its like $900 or so. I'd like to get a lower, older version and see if I can get it for around $500-600. Either that or i'm water coolin. I don't really care.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
and what all of you fail to notice is, the Athlon XP architecture has an internal 3 GHz clock limit, the guys feeding us a big load of b/s.

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
sheik124 said:
and what all of you fail to notice is, the Athlon XP architecture has an internal 3 GHz clock limit, the guys feeding us a big load of b/s.

The "internal clock limit" means absolutely nothing. On average, bartons on a Mach 2 GT will get 3.2ghz.

-Shadow-

Banned
rafraction said:
I doubt he has liquid nitrogen cooling, cos hed have ice growing on the back of his motherboard which in turn would short the thing out, i think he talks bollocks tbh altho that probably is possible, i mean ive seen a 486 SX 25 running at 2ghz with LN2 cooling, even tho it was only for 15 seconds before it fried

Hmmm... normally there is a heating pad on the back of the mobo , to keep the CPU from freezing , or am i wrong ?!