What's new

I can't wait to upgrade my processor and RAM!!! W00t!!!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I'm planning to get:

An Athlon XP 2400+ processor and some Kingston PC2700 DDR SDRAM, even if it's Kingston ValueRAM, because I trust Kingston DDR SDRAM, because it has *NEVER* given me corruption problems and I was able to overclock my Kingston ValueRAM PC2100 DDR SDRAM to 143 mhz. When the Kingston ValueRAM PC2100 DDR SDRAM was overclocked to 143 mhz when I ran Memtest86 for 12 hours, no errors at all.

I plan to overclock better than the hyped up
Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+ overclock and the Athlon XP processor overclock I'm planning will make the Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+ overclock look like a sissy overclock!!! I'm planning to overclock to at least 2.3 ghz if not more.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i hear the mobile versions of the XPs are even better overclockers because of their voltage :) worth a try mate

but nice upgrade though mate, personally i'd wait for 64bit cpus to go down in price, then your system will be more futureproof :) but it's your choice mate heh

Clements

Mobile 2500+ bartons can be overclocked to 2.5GHz (since the multiplier can be unlocked) and they have double the L2 Cache of any TBred. Ask Fivefeet8 - that's exactly what he has done. ;)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Clements said:
Mobile 2500+ bartons can be overclocked to 2.5GHz (since the multiplier can be unlocked) and they have double the L2 Cache of any TBred. Ask Fivefeet8 - that's exactly what he has done. ;)

Now that is a very intriguing possibility I've never considered.

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Because I don't plan on replacing the motherboard with a fvcking expensive motherboard that can do the 200 mhz+ FSB and SATA overkill, I shouldn't even take the chance of getting a "mobile" Athlon XP Barton, because the motherboard may not even POST with it or it will never work properly with the motherboard :(. I seen a post about a "mobile" Athlon causing a motherboard to not even be able to even run it at stock frequency and only runs when underclocked, because of the multiplier not working properly, at least with some motherboards.

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
does
RJARRRPCGP said:
I'm planning to get:

An Athlon XP 2400+ processor and some Kingston PC2700 DDR SDRAM, even if it's Kingston ValueRAM, because I trust Kingston DDR SDRAM, because it has *NEVER* given me corruption problems and I was able to overclock my Kingston ValueRAM PC2100 DDR SDRAM to 143 mhz. When the Kingston ValueRAM PC2100 DDR SDRAM was overclocked to 143 mhz when I ran Memtest86 for 12 hours, no errors at all.

I plan to overclock better than the hyped up
Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+ overclock and the Athlon XP processor overclock I'm planning will make the Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+ overclock look like a sissy overclock!!! I'm planning to overclock to at least 2.3 ghz if not more.

You think 2500+'s are sissy oc'ers?

Check my sig.

I have 2625mhz and they all disagree with you.

And chances are that the kingston didn't error because you didn't really get on it. You've got to kick its ass until it does error, or you don't know how far it'll go. My ram does 265mhz 2-2-2-5 on 3.3v, and I wouldn't of known that if I never tested it. I know people with pc2100 that does 190mhz no problem.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I'm planning to upgrade my Mobo/CPU/Memory soon, AMD64 3400+ nForce 3 Aopen board with a Gig of ram, I need to research RAM a bit more though.

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Jigga0o7 said:
does

You think 2500+'s are sissy oc'ers?

Check my sig.

I have 2625mhz and they all disagree with you.

And chances are that the kingston didn't error because you didn't really get on it. You've got to kick its ass until it does error, or you don't know how far it'll go. My ram does 265mhz 2-2-2-5 on 3.3v, and I wouldn't of known that if I never tested it. I know people with pc2100 that does 190mhz no problem.

No, I don't think they are sissy overclockers, but to get at least 2.4 ghz will require a more expensive motherboard, because it requires a motherboard that can go over 200 mhz FSB and even the high end motherboards likely requires risky volt modding and the nForce2 motherboards have the problem with BIOS corruption being majorly common. I can't afford another motherboard, too :(. BTW, I shouldn't even try 166 mhz with my PC2100 DDR SDRAM, because the motherboard I have DON'T have a VDIMM value adjustment option :(.

BTW, I just was saying that I plan to overclock better than to Athlon XP 3200+ speeds.

I'm getting the Athlon XP 2400+ "133 mhz FSB" so it will give me a FAT nice 15x multiplier, even if locked, so with the FSB at only 175 mhz, I can do 2625 mhz :matrix: I plan to eventually, unless it's unstable before I can reach that point is to use 175x15.0 :matrix:.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
XP 2400 eh, thats what I have, great processor that is, But i wouldn't over clock it though, every other time i've tried that my system has been very unstable

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Well, I likely maxed out my Athlon XP 2000+, thus an Athlon XP 2400+ may overclock better ;). If any processor overclock you tried was unstable, here's what to do:

Make sure you have majorly good air flow inside the case.

BSODs, even with good cooling are often a warning sign of the processor requiring a higher Vcore value.