What's new

Giri Giri Loading ISO/CD help

Milleardo

i have the NiGHTS Into Dreams ISO and i want to run it on Giri Giri. If burned it to a disc using nero and the cue. but when i use the disc, Giri giri says "Unsuiotable disc for this system". I know the disc works cuz i used it on SSF. but it was too slow andf choppy so i stuck with giri giri. ive even tried loading the cue onto 120% alcohol and daemon and running it. it says teh same thing. ive even loaded the iso onto 120% and daemon and got the same results. i dont own ne actual SS games or console so i dont know if giri giri runs only commercial ones or illegaly made ones. can sumone give me an answer?

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Nights Into Dreams is one of those Saturn games which actually had 2 data tracks. I think you've only got one of them. Mount the iso into Daemon, then see if you can explore the disk. If not, then your probably missing the other data track.

OP
M

Milleardo

fivefeet8 said:
Nights Into Dreams is one of those Saturn games which actually had 2 data tracks. I think you've only got one of them. Mount the iso into Daemon, then see if you can explore the disk. If not, then your probably missing the other data track.

How do i get the other data track and what do i do if i have both data tracks??
Thanks in advance,
Milleardo

OP
M

Milleardo

ive tried all the area codes, none of em work. and i know that the game is a Japan region cuz i was able to see its info.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Hmm.. check your CUE sheet that came with the game image with wordpad. It should list 2 data tracks. You can burn the cd with a multisession burning software.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Giri giri runs only original CDs or ISOs (bin+cue). Since aparently you don't have the original CD you will need two programs to make it work, CDRwin and giritool. Since you burned the game with Nero use CDRwin to make an ISO of the game (when the program asks you where to save the ISO, choose the directory of Giri giri, not somewhere else) after that use giritool to run it (select the image, click the "run gentoc" button then select the region of the game and then click the button with the Saturn logo).
After the Sega logo the game will "stuck". Just keep pressing start to reach the title screen.

PS: Don't write using colours, you may blind someone.

Last edited:
OP
M

Milleardo

ok, ive tried to use CDrwin but when it gets to like 13% it says "unable to read sectors 198698 (or sumtin) till 198990 (or sumtin). does this mean that the ISO i got in the 1st place is broken? cuz it did run in SSF, but it was only slow and choppy on that emulator. and satourne is trying to run it but its also too slow.

then i used gloader and used it to make a cue and bin from the iso i originally had. i used GiriTool tomake the toc.bin and the emuilator starts when i hit the saturn logo. but when i get to the cd player the buttons light up and it says "checking disc format" then it says on tope "Track 2 Time 0:00" and the play buttons dont do anything.

Last edited:
OP
M

Milleardo

ok, i also checked the CUE sheet and it says only 1 data track. is there any way i can run this game or is meant for the scrap pile now?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well it is probably a not fully ripped ISO since Nights has 2 data tracks and 19 audio tracks (a full ISO is about 520 MB). Your ISO probably doesn't have the audio tracks, you may be lucky if you mount the .cdi image to a virtual drive and use CDRwin to make the ISO image from the virtual CD.

Last edited:
OP
M

Milleardo

cdi image? whats that and how do i get it? i got the iso a few days ago and got giri giri and made the cue and bin with gloader. i never got a cdi image.

oh yeah, and the NiGHTS iso is 524 mb.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
In that case mount the ISO image you had (not the bin+cue image you created later) with daemon tools and use CDRwin to make a bin+cue image from it. Remember to save the bin+cue directly to the Giri giri folder (don't save it somewhere else and move it to the Giri giri directory later) and use giritool after that.

OP
M

Milleardo

ok, thanx for all yur help, but i got a different bin and cue from a friend and i can run the game now!!! its not THAT slow, but it isnt perfect, but of course i just have to twiddle he settings.

PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift=1
VSync=35
MaxTexCnt=1800
BankChck=1
CharPtnChck=0

i found these settings in a different message, and i was wonering how to put them in?

thanx in advance!

Last edited:

jeffkong

PsyMan said:
In that case mount the ISO image you had (not the bin+cue image you created later) with daemon tools and use CDRwin to make a bin+cue image from it. Remember to save the bin+cue directly to the Giri giri folder (don't save it somewhere else and move it to the Giri giri directory later) and use giritool after that.

How do I get CDRwin to make a bin+cue image of a file? I have another game ISO that I'm trying to convert, I've mounted the ISO with Daemon Tools. I've loaded CDRwin, but what do I do next?

Please go step by step, I'm very new to this.