What's new

Graphics probs with 1964

Pedro

Sorry if this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find it....

Everytime I try to use 1964 roms load fine but then the screen is all screwed up with lots of random polygons and textures and I can't see anything. This happens regardless of plugins and has never been a problem in PJ64!

I have a Radeon 9600pro with DX9b and up-to-date drivers, an Athlon 3200xp processor with 512MB DDR400 RAM and Windows XP SP1.

Oh, I don't know if this is pertinent but Rice's graphics plugins don't seem to work for me in PJ64 even though I have downloaded and installed them a few times.

Thanks in advance, Pedro

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
If you use Rice's Video, you probably need to use DirectX and not OpenGL and make sure you have checked both "Force Software T&L" and "Force Software Vertex Clipper", since most (all?) new Radeon cards have problems with Hardware T&L and OpenGL in Rice's plugins.. I have Radeon 9800 Pro and works great for me.... :p Oh and don't use RSP for video....

Last edited:
OP
P

Pedro

I have just tried Rice 5.6.0 and have enabled 'Software Vertex Clipper' and this has helped a little. However 'software T&L' is greyed out along with Combiner Type, Swap Effect and Depth Buffer Type! Everything on the Open GL tab is also greyed out!

Now what I have is a perfectly clear, crisp picture but when I move around the polys and textures seem to stretch and skew all over the place - it actually brings on sea-sickness!! :p

Any ideas??

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
That's caused by the Hardware T&L.. Are you trying to enable the force software T&L while a game is running.? It has to be done while there's no ROM running.. Also make sure to uncheck the "hide advanced options", close the plugin settings page and open it up again....

OP
P

Pedro

Oops! I was trying to change the Hardware T&L while a game was running! I've fixed that now and most games run brilliantly!! I still have probs with some games (ie/ In Turok-Rage Wars the camera's all choppy and jerky) but I'll worry about that another day! Now, at least, I can play Mario64 :bouncy: Thankyou !

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
Your welcome.... :p I just checked the video settings I use for Rage Wars, but it's running without any specific "setup" on my system with Rice 5.6.0.. :huh: You could try to set Counter Factor to 1 in ROM Properties, it should be 3 by default, and at least for me it has to be 1 or the "video clips" are really choppy....