What's new

Can't load at all...crashes!

Whobetta

I can't run TR64 at all. I put all the plugins in the right folder, configured them(only can do audio and input). Go to load rom and it crashes with a kernel32.dll! Any ideas? TRWIN and older versions of TR used to work fine on mine computer and run decently.

icepir8

:tr64:
Hmmm... have you selected a video plugin yet?

I need more information before I can help.

Cya,

Icepir8

OP
W

Whobetta

I've tried different versions of Jabo Direct3d 1.3 and 1.4 and Azimer's Audio. As soon as i open or load a rom it crashes with the kernel32.dll error.

icepir8

What version of Directx are you using? If you don't have 8.1 get it. Also you might check nvidia's latest drivers out.

Cya,

Icepir8

icepir8

This is turning out to be an interesting problem.

What version of TR64 are you using?

Do you have a Saves subdirectory in TR64?

Do you have roms showing in the GUI?

Cya,

Icepir8

OP
W

Whobetta

Problems

Ok these are the many problems/bugs. It says "Load Video Plugin not found" sometimes, even though their is a plugin folder with video plugins. When I try to configure or change plugins sometimes it crashes with "Kernel32.dll" error. When I go to change folder and see the list of rom files, the rom internal names are messed up. When I try to load rom or double click, again it crashes..Basically it's very unstable here.

WIP 5.666 is the version...My roms seem fine,they work with other emulators..?

icepir8

Re: Problems

Whobetta said:
Ok these are the many problems/bugs. It says "Load Video Plugin not found" sometimes, even though their is a plugin folder with video plugins. When I try to configure or change plugins sometimes it crashes with "Kernel32.dll" error. When I go to change folder and see the list of rom files, the rom internal names are messed up. When I try to load rom or double click, again it crashes..Basically it's very unstable here.

WIP 5.666 is the version...My roms seem fine,they work with other emulators..?

the message "Load Video Plugin not found" means that the graphics plugin specified in the tr64.ini file does not exist or is corupt in some way. Try selecting another one.

also make sure that the only dll files in the plugin directory are for plugins. for example pathpicker.dll or opengl32.dll do not belong in the plugin directory.

I am aware of the problem with the names after changing the rom directory. Hope to find the error rather quickly and fix it.

cya,

Icepir8