What's new

help me!

anonymouse

I are pobbles.that is all.
i keep getting a messag about "failed to allocate memory" in pj64 v1.5.i have the sevice pack,i have tried re-downloading it and i reinstalled it several times.so anyone got any ideas?oh and i have used the same program\version before i reformatted with no probs.

just incase heres my system info:
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
home edition
version 2002
service pack 1
Computer:
AMD athlon XP 2000+
1.67 ghz
512 mb of RAM

OP
anonymouse

anonymouse

I are pobbles.that is all.
please help me i really want to play retro games that i loved when i was a bit younger

Clements

It's a bug. Since I installed Service Pack 2 for Windows XP recently, I now get this annoying bug too, despite having 1024MB physical RAM and 3GB maximum Pagefile size. I suggest just using 1964.

Bug?

:'(... no.. i wondered why it didnt work for me.. to think i thought sp2 was good.. damn you microsoft.. does anyone think it might be ok when its a non beta service pack?

Clements

Not too long after I posted the message above, it was suggested to use Win9x compatibility mode for Project64 to get it to work with Service Pack 2 and it worked for me, so if you have this problem you can try to see it that works.

Clements said:
Not too long after I posted the message above, it was suggested to use Win9x compatibility mode for Project64 to get it to work with Service Pack 2 and it worked for me, so if you have this problem you can try to see it that works.

Ok.. I went to C:\Program Files\Project64 and right clicked on Project64 and clicked properties went to Compatibility mode and swopped to all different modes, Windows 98/Me, 2000, 95... the whole lot. Is this performed correctly? I also tried with shortcut but i keep getting that stupid error message... im only using 255mb out of 1055mb.. so whats up peeeople.. or Clements?

Warlyik

A few suggestions: One, when you press Alt+Tab+Delete to bring up the processes utility manager thing, do you have a file called "rundll32.exe" or something to that extent? If so, end the process. That was my specific problem.

If that doesn't work or you don't even have that process running in the background, try going through all your processes you don't need (Usually labeled 'Owner'), or if you're slightly experienced at running through the list then anything that isn't required for normal function, end those processes. Try running PJ64 again after that. If that worked, upon next startup, go through the list one by one to single out which process was causing the problem, and if you know how to use msconfig you can prevent it from initializing on startup.

Those are the two suggestions I have for you. If those don't work you might want to try searching through the forum, as there's a rather large post with possible fixes. Apparently this bug is caused by many different things, and we can only suggest how you could fix it based on our experiences.

Nope.. cant see that on it. Hmm.. there is like 35 processes but none of them say that on. Any other idea what the problem is.. i do have to say before SP2.. it seemed alright.. oh well, suggestions would be appriciated

Sorry for using this thread.. its not originally mine... but im too lazy to make a new one. Anyhows...
task.JPG
- a image of the task manager after reboot.. sorry i didnt show all of the processes... and i think its safe to post task manager bars right? Anyway.. i think there enough memory to open it.. but it still says that stupid error message " Failed to allocate memory ".. please heklp

revl8er

That Damn Good
I had this problem until just last night, open your task manager and start closing unnecessary things until you can get pj64 to load up. It worked for me so you should give it a try.

Warlyik

You don't need all those programs, whatever they are. You won't get PJ64 to run at all if you don't try something. Those programs can easily be loaded again, and unless your computer crashes when you end a process, you don't need it :)

Tried all of them... done it so there was less then 40 processes and tried re-opening Project64. Even to the extect of closing some system commands. I am unsure what is happening... i have a feeling it is the service pack, as i have made no major changes to my system lately apart from upgrading to the latest service pack. Anyway any other ideas would be greatly appricated :)

Satanic_Pimp

since nobody from pj64 or anything is working on fixing this glitch, figured i'd take a quick look into it, there is a fault in the addressing when trying to access the ntdll.dll file, it's trying to read or write to an address in ntdll.dll that it doesn't have access too. There is probably a loop in the program that has an incorrect counter.