What's new

i'm getting a bit concerned

lucindrea

first off let me state that i'm just a guy posting here like everyone else .. not a mod or anything like that ... but i do belive this needs to be said ....

the faq clearly states what can and what cannot be posted here ( where do I get iso's , where do I get a bios .. etc ) but I’m seeing almost 1/2 the posts here are about how to do just what the faq states should not be talked about here ....
as I understand the need for information and the need for chank users to get the information they need ... I am worried that this forum ( or worse chanka ) will be known as a source for questionable practices and hence get the attention of some exec who is worried that this will hurt his ability to make payments on his private jet.

that being said I do want to clear up 1 or 2 things

GD-ROMS CANNOT be read by ANY cd-rom in ANY computer , don’t try , don’t ask , it cannot happen!

All gd-rom images and bios images can only be taken from an original DC with an original GD-ROM in the console .. how to get the images from the DC to your computer cannot be talked about in this forum ... anyone who wants to take 10 mins to search the net can find all the information with no real effort and asking 100 times here will only annoy the others users here and should get you banned.

It is assumed that EVERYONE here owns a DC , the original gd-rom that they are using AND that they dumped the image themselves ... saying "I downloaded this iso" or "where do I get" .. etc. etc.. is just plain dumb and only serves to hurt this form and chanka it's self

spag

I'm agree but let me resume...

search before asking and don't forget Google is your friend...

Jabaturbo

I also agree.

I just wonder if downloading a image of a game you own can be classified as a crime. Oh well... maybe ofering the download is...

OP
L

lucindrea

Jabaturbo said:
I also agree.

I just wonder if downloading a image of a game you own can be classified as a crime. Oh well... maybe ofering the download is...

weather (sp?) it is or not , talking about it just leaves too much open.

Martin

Administrator
refraction said:
the problem is n00bs cant read, so they just post anything and get their a$$ banned in the process
True, but with the new Google search box I just put up it should become a bit easier to search both EmuTalk and Google. :)

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Martin said:
True, but with the new Google search box I just put up it should become a bit easier to search both EmuTalk and Google. :)

nice one mate :) even tho it blatantly sticks out, i bet they still cant find it :p

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
whilst i agree with you all entirely! there is still a problem! Everyone wih sonic adventure 2 must have removed the copy protection themselfs as if u use the cable to back up your own copy it is copy protected and does not run. I highly doubt every person on this forum has the skills to do that! So how are people getting this game!

mashakos

I believe that the issue of downloading iso's depends on the context. In my country it is possible to obtain a backup if my original software medium has been worn out or I have difficulty operating it. Also, certain systems like the Amiga have a statute of limitations on their copyright of 10 years (not sure if it's all the software as this has to be by the consent of the company) and probably other types of software have this rule. I mentioned this to those who say that mame users are pirates. Ofcourse I haven't confirmed that arcade backups also have this statute of limitations.

In my country, a Dreamcast system is very rare but unsold original games can still be found displayed on shop windows for $10 a piece.

It would be reasonable of me to download an iso of a game I just bought which I have extreme difficulty in obtaining it's system.

The people who ask about help on running a game image shouldn't be seen as violating the rules as they could also have dumped those images themeselves or bought the original GDROMS.

The others who ask for links... well that's dumb.

BTW I was wodering if any of the chankast team read this forum. i'd like to ask about how they fixed the win 2k read cd problem.

manboy

Grant64 said:
whilst i agree with you all entirely! there is still a problem! Everyone wih sonic adventure 2 must have removed the copy protection themselfs as if u use the cable to back up your own copy it is copy protected and does not run. I highly doubt every person on this forum has the skills to do that! So how are people getting this game!

theres an anti protection fix at (removed by Mod) site
you don't need to be skilled in order to do it :/

Edit/

Please refrain from posting links to sites that have cracks on them.....

Last edited by a moderator: