What's new

Final Fantasy on Gamecube? Look inside...

Gorxon

Administrator
``The Nintendo Gamecube is more developer-friendly than the PlayStation 2,'' said Yoichi Wada, president of Square Co., developer of the `Final Fantasy' series of PlayStation games.

Square is seeking agreements to make video games for Nintendo, Square's Wada said in an interview. Square has been out of favour with Nintendo for about five years since it switched in 1996 to Sony's PlayStation format, supplying `Final Fantasy' games exclusively to Sony.

Hmm....quite interesting. Could Square be planning on developing on the GC after all? They are pretty brave to say that, when Sony owns 20% or their stocks (if not more). Like, saying that another console than the console you release your games on are much better (in dev'ing):alien:

What are your thoughts?

:D

blizz

I think Sony owns the second largest controling stake in Square now.

I'm skeptical, but this may be based on work for FFIX, not for an actual RPG but then again if I was a Nintendo Exec I wouldn't want just FF I'd be trying to get the next game in the Chrono series, although Nintendo got the dev team behind the Mana series in the form of BrownieBrown ;)

having said that though Enix is more important.

blizz

Square is thought to have one Gamecube dev kit, as well.

also Square really really really wants to develop for the GBA, and this is probably part of what they see as their making good process,

of course as far as Nintendo is probably concerned that means nothing, the GBA doesn't need a portable FF game, they want secure, rock solid support for the Gamecube with titles that will ensure a nice tidy market share coupled with high sales of said title, which is basically an FF game, other than the online version.

Pheo

it would be great to have squaresoft games on gba

A final fantasy advance game would be awsome

Slougi

Well I don't think it will happen. There was some big personal squarrel between the presidents of Nintendo and Square, and that is kinda serious taking into consideration japanese culture. I don't think so. But I am looking forward to the Sonic Team games on NGC :)