What's new

NEMU (and others too though) sound

nidoranz

Not a Pokemon
Hello there everybody, here another newbee again.

As i was not satisfied with other emulators sound (pj64, deadalus, 1964 etc.), since it was all cracking and skipping and stuff, I decided to give Nemu another chance (last version was 0.05 if i'm correct.
After hearing Nemu i was glead to read a new audio.dll has been released, which soundet (how ya write this fellas?) the best i heared since UHLE, only one little problem, about all sound goes double. a very good example is Legend of Zelda 64 "1", in which it's very clear in the beginning of your nightmare in the intro.

I dont mind the video-flaws much, its pretty fast though, running zelda at 20 fps standard, black screen usually 60, but i would really like to know if any of you have the same (audio) problems, and, if so, how to fix it.

lil' spec:

Windows 98, (DX8a installed)
P3 700 Mhz
Geforce 2 MX-400
256MB SDRAM
Sound Blaster PCI 128
enough free HD space

(PS if ya dont get my error, i am willing to attach a audio sample for you) next post

rtb

in the audio options do you have prebuffering enabled?
i had that problem too, but disabling that and high quality solved it.

OP
N

nidoranz

Not a Pokemon
the buffer off helped, playing with size didnt.

too bad, cuz my cpu is just to slow for without buffer.

i guess i just have to wait untill the next release.

cya

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
If you got teh kickass performance system it should work....because i got almost the same......do you got any Programms running in the Background (Winamp, Seti@Home,ICQ, Sidewinder Control Panel.......)? If yes than switch as many off as possible.......

OP
N

nidoranz

Not a Pokemon
nidoking

yea, i guess.

Creative had some new drivers, so did Via;
i guess that might make a difference

Cya