What's new

Playing jpn imports on giri????

retower

i've been trying to play sf3, scenario 3 on giri but to no avail. is there something extra i need to be doing to play imports?

scenario 3 is not listed in my games.dat file, is that the problem? i tried to paste the specs for scenario 3 into the .dat file but when i try to save, it will only save as a text file.

emulator: giri-girir-gav-lite, v. Gavionne

system: amd athlon 2800(2ghz), 512 mb, geforce fx 5200 agp, win xp

Marauder

Well, you need to make sure you've got the same region code as the disc you're using. Modify your base.ini file to change to the correct region. For example, Japan is region 1, and US is region 4.

OP
R

retower

ya, i do that with thegiritool, select japan then click 'run gentoc', the bios loads and then the game starts to load but quickly kicks back out to the screen with the nine buttons. The button on the top row and furthest left saids 'Start Appliacation' same as if you had a real saturn w/ converter. I click on it and same thing happens, starts to run briefly but kicks me out.

OP
R

retower

ok, i got a .dat file for the game. this is exactly how it looks:

; Shining Force III Scenario 3 (J)
[GS-9203]
PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift =1
VSync =50
MaxTexCnt =1300
BankChck =0
CDWait =5
FrameWait=10
ADXStream=1
CharPtnChck=1

but i noticed, most jpn games in the .dat file have parantheses after the english name of the game with jpn writing. mine shows none. any1 know if that has any bearing on the issue?

zman

retower said:
ok, i got a .dat file for the game. this is exactly how it looks:

; Shining Force III Scenario 3 (J)
[GS-9203]
PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift =1
VSync =50
MaxTexCnt =1300
BankChck =0
CDWait =5
FrameWait=10
ADXStream=1
CharPtnChck=1

but i noticed, most jpn games in the .dat file have parantheses after the english name of the game with jpn writing. mine shows none. any1 know if that has any bearing on the issue?

When you see this symbol ";" as in the name of the game line. That means that line is not processed in the *.dat file as neccessary info for the emulator. It's a comment line, and thus you could write any words or info on that line.

So in short here is an example: Before: ;ƒ�ƒ‚ƒŠƒAƒ‹ƒZƒŒƒNƒVƒ‡ƒ“ VOL1
After: ; Really neat game VOL1 (J)

The before is the original name and the after is my name for that game. Notice the ";".