What's new

Zapper Question

laxstar2

Hey!!

the other day i came across a nes zapper and now that i have it i really want to hook it up to my computer to use it with my comp and an emulator. I know that this presents many problems, ie must be used with a tv and not a monitor, etc . . . etc. but i still want it to happen. so i have researched the gun a bit and found a few things out. most importantly the gun uses two wires (the two not used by the normal nes controller). The first wire carries the firing signal its sends a '0' if the trigger is not pressed and a '1' if it is. The second wire carries the hit or miss signal, a '1' if a miss and a '0' if a hit. (also it needs the +5v and Gnd to appropriate wires).

so heres what i did. i know the mouse emulates the zapper so i hacked my mouse so that when i left click it sends the firing signal (so i can fire the gun and the emulator responds). The gun will fire in jnes when when i hit the trigger, but it still doesn't 'aim'.
My question then is: would there be a way to get the second signal from the gun to be recognized by jnes. It would be sweet if i could hook up this gun!! Let know what you think or if anyone has any ideas

thanks a lot!