What's new

"Run GD-Rom" - Whats this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamlover

I don´t belive my eyes. If i had updated the emulator with the utilities there is a option "Run -> Run GD-Rom" All people say, that it is impossible to run a GD-Run with a CD or DVD drive. I have tested it with the original GD Rom of Dead or Alive 2 and it is what i think bevore. The GD doesn´t work ! What´s the matter with this option. How to use it ?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Youre using the UNOFFICIAL chankast utilities. On the regular Chanka it says Init, not load GD-ROM. Go bitch to the fags who hacked chanka with this stuff.

Greggory

I think I remember you Posty being the one all excited for Chankast Utilities, no? You have quite a temper, greedy? It's people like you who ruin the emulation scene, not these guy's who made chankast utilities. *sighs* :)()

Dreamlover, as far as I know, it just looks like a mistake. You have to realize the programmer is in China and sometimes he gets mixed up with wordings. Hopefully in the next version they'll make it more clear and fix that. Try next time to post it in the official Chankast Utilities forums in the help menu of it to respect the official chankast authors. Good Luck. :)

Masterem

Greggory people have a right to express what they got to say without you telling them how to do it. so back off man, he got excited so what.

Trotterwatch

posty_2k3 said:
Youre using the UNOFFICIAL chankast utilities. On the regular Chanka it says Init, not load GD-ROM. Go bitch to the fags who hacked chanka with this stuff.
Watch your language please.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
okkk, sorry TW. Its just, i dont really like these utilities. After what we saw about speedpig and stuff, i just dont think they are a good idea at all. Hell, it seemed like a good idea at first, but now it doesnt.

@Greggory: how do people like me ruin the emulation scene? It isnt really the best thing to be hacking an emulator in ALPHA stage, let alone add a dll that could very well harm your pc. I think it would be them @ chankast utilities that are ruining the emulation scene, not people like me who are against the hacking of an app that is still in alpha stages and is unstable enough as it is.

My 2 cents.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Greggory said:
I think I remember you Posty being the one all excited for Chankast Utilities, no? You have quite a temper, greedy? It's people like you who ruin the emulation scene, not these guy's who made chankast utilities. *sighs* :)()

Dreamlover, as far as I know, it just looks like a mistake. You have to realize the programmer is in China and sometimes he gets mixed up with wordings. Hopefully in the next version they'll make it more clear and fix that. Try next time to post it in the official Chankast Utilities forums in the help menu of it to respect the official chankast authors. Good Luck. :)

Look.. I've noticed you constantly at all costs back up this stupid hack. For what? People like him ruin the emu scene? You're the one defending a stupid hack which was made with absolutely no concent from the authors? I've seen emulators discontinued due to these things numerous times.

Now, what were you saying?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Hmm, i dont think he has to say anything, because you just massively owned him. And yes, stupid hacks like this never do go far, they can only go so far and stuff. Plus, the authors dont really like this because its alpha, but they wont let it get in there way. And the reason they didnt respond to the emial is because they are too lazy to check it (i talk to garrofi on #dcemu sometimes :p)

Greggory

cooliscool said:
Look.. I've noticed you constantly at all costs back up this stupid hack. For what? People like him ruin the emu scene? You're the one defending a stupid hack which was made with absolutely no concent from the authors? I've seen emulators discontinued due to these things numerous times.

Now, what were you saying?

I have been browsing this forum for almost a year now and I registered just about a month ago. I defend them because I choose to, quite frankly it's none of your business what I do. I think what they are doing for Chankast is great and I hope they prosper with better and better releases to help the official Chankast Team with more and more ideas. If I see the Chankast Team just ONCE say they don't want them making Chankast Utilities, then I'll greatly be on your side. However, I have NOT seen the official Chankast Team say one word to the Chankast Utilities team to stop making it. This is their OFFICIAL FORUM... you guys need to wake up. Oh and what's this cooliscool.. http://emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=204632&postcount=73 .... that's what makes me sad since I know I am not going blind.

posty_2k3 said:
Hmm, i dont think he has to say anything, because you just massively owned him. And yes, stupid hacks like this never do go far, they can only go so far and stuff. Plus, the authors dont really like this because its alpha, but they wont let it get in there way. And the reason they didnt respond to the emial is because they are too lazy to check it (i talk to garrofi on #dcemu sometimes )
I am sorry, Posty that others have to speak for you and can't even back themselves up. There are 4 members on the Chankast Team. I even saw Garoffi look in the first Chankast Utilities thread in the online list for almost 15min with no response since I always checked the online list when I saw a Chankast Team member online after Chankast Utilities came out. I think the word is now for your childish remarks ... "POWNED"?

PS: I am not going to start a flame war, flame wars as far as I know are for people who want to exilerate themselves with more attention. I hope one day you guys realize that sucking up is not a good thing and I am happy that a lot of moderators speak their true mind here. That was the one reason I liked coming here, just sometimes greed is what perishes your real true remarks on something. You guys can respond to this post to make yourselves feel better you get the last word, but honestly I think I am done with this forum. I hope it does wonderful for the times to come, good luck EmuTalk. :(

Last edited:

Freesnake

I agree with Greggory.Be a little more careful,you should have found that the ideas of some functions added to chankast v0.2 than v0.1 is from the first version of chankast utilities.
Even chankast utilities works for nothing,their creative ideas should be eulogized,even if you don't like to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.