What's new

Zelda: Majora's Mask - Black Lines!?

gabbana

I'm am brand new to this whole N64 emulation thing. I have got a problem running Majora's Mask. On the cut scenes there is a big black gap at the top of the screen with a smaller black line underneath it. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this.?

I have tried it on 1964 and Project 64, with different wrappers, but still the same thing. It is a european rom.

My system is an Athlon 1800XP, with 512 MB ram and a GeForce 3 Ti 500, I am running Win XP.

I'd attach a screenshot, but I've no idea how to.

Help? Anyone? ???

Cobra95

gabbana said:
I'm am brand new to this whole N64 emulation thing. I have got a problem running Majora's Mask. On the cut scenes there is a big black gap at the top of the screen with a smaller black line underneath it. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this.?

I have tried it on 1964 and Project 64, with different wrappers, but still the same thing. It is a european rom.

My system is an Athlon 1800XP, with 512 MB ram and a GeForce 3 Ti 500, I am running Win XP.

I'd attach a screenshot, but I've no idea how to.

Help? Anyone? ???

Edit the rdb file (it's in text format) and insert the following line under the appropriate entry for your euro rom:

Resolution Height=240

That should fix it in PJ64. It will also fix it in 1964 if you copy PJ64's rdb file to the 1964 folder. The best solution, though, is to find the "(U)[!]" rom for this game.

gokuss4

Meh...
just get the (U) rom and the rdb thing that cobra95 said. and to make a screenshot press f3 to generate bmp than go to a paint program and export it or convert it to jpeg format to make a smaller size image.

OP
G

gabbana

Okay, I've got that bit sorted. Now the only problem I have is the cut scene near the beginning where Link remembers Zelda. The screen remains black, if you render wireframe rasterization, you can see Link, Zelda and Epona, but obviously just in wireframe.

I am still using the (E) version. I can't get the US version, as I only have the original PAL one.???

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hi gabbana, the line is caused by your choice of resolution and/or use of FSAA. the missing cutscene is normal, we never figured out what was wrong with the plugin there. It should be mentioned in the Notes. It shouldnt effect gameplay?

magebarf

Anything else not showing up?

Just of curiosity, since I'm thinking about playing thru Majora's Mask soon, is there any more cutscenes or anything else that has a great deal of the story in it that don't work?

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
No the game is actually fully playable which means you can start and finish the game but this doesn't mean there aren't any Gfx bugs or stuff.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the game has like dozens of cutscenes and one or two are partly hidden, big deal, you can still read the text and whatever