What's new

Versus screen in Soul Calibur

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify this. When I first boot SC on chankast, the very first VS screen I get is flawless, like this:

sc2.jpg

Then, the following VS screens are like this:

sc1.jpg

Anyone else has this problem?

If you do, post here, if you have SC but dont have this problem, post your comment as well. I wanna know if I have a bad SC version, or if this is because of the emu.

Thanks.

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
谢谢!!
Thanks, YangliWei

If you dont know chinese, he said = Its the same for everybody

anyone else?

PLEASE post, I wanna know if this is because of the emu, or because of me having a bad copy.

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
I dont know.

And you shouldnt speak chinese here. Its disrespectfull to the rest ot the users, I believe.

PLease post your comments, people.

achiles

yangliwei said:
唉,没办法啊。小弟英语烂。马上要考四级了…………
楼上兄弟是哪儿人啊?

Al I see is squares (I know I need to download the patch)lol :)

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, that is simplified chinese. NO biggie. Oh, and thank you for your useful post :huh:

Buff Jigsaw

who plays sc2? That game blows...Its for the young who need a realistic depiction of bullshit fantasy and are incapable of forming new thoughts based on artistic abstractions of high action.

Buff Jigsaw

Buff Jigsaw said:
who plays sc2? That game blows...Its for the young who need a realistic depiction of bullshit fantasy and are incapable of forming new thoughts based on artistic abstractions of high action.

i was just being playfull, the game sucks but people have a right to play crap.

MAD_BOY

weird guy
[offtopic]if sc2 blows, then i must be the pope[/offtopic]

yeah, i heard from a friend that he had this problem too (since i don't have the game) so i guess it's the same for everyone

Buff Jigsaw

I had a news years party here and a bunch of guys ended up bingeing on this game in the basement. I just about drop kicked each of them in order for doing this.

mezkal

Man on a mission
MAD_BOY said:
[offtopic]if sc2 blows, then i must be the pope[/offtopic]

yeah, i heard from a friend that he had this problem too (since i don't have the game) so i guess it's the same for everyone

You actually want to be POPE? Don't you know that Catchetism is on its way out??? Unless of course you like bothering Altar Boys :saint: LOL

Oh and SC2 blows goats and gerbils on the weekend just for fun. Aside from DOA2 (and possibly DOA Ultimate XBOX) SC was the best fighter with the most depth ever developed. Certainly showed Tekken (2-TTT are the same game with more polys and higher res textures) up to be the limited (truely 2D) games that they are.

Cheers,

Mezkal

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Yeah, everything is peachy, but those comments had NOTHING to do with the main thread.

Back on topic, the versus screen problem hasnt been fixed in the new CHANKAST 0.2 . Bummer. Plus, the framerate is slower.

Anyone else is getting this?

Thanks.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
The versus screen is just a gfx error that is in the current chanka. Maybe itll be fixed later on, but for now, we have to live with it. I dont mind the errors because i get 32/30 fps ingame, and it runs great. I think people should stop complaining about the tiny bugs chanka has and be greatful they even released a version.

OP
TheFreeman

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
ermmm... I am not complaining, I am simply posting the bugs it has, for the sake of enhancing this great emulator. Besides, I wanted to know if the problem resides on my SC image, or on the actual emulator, by asking other users about this error. So please be kind and try to read things properly. Happy new year and good night.

mezkal

Man on a mission
I think this will all be resolved if we concentrate our efforts together with Martin in creating a dynamic compatibility database. Freeman I would hazard a guess that all the errors you describe are Chanka rendering errors (which probably also come down the gfx chipset and driver combo you run too). Radeon 9xK users seem to have less of these than us poor NV owners and I would think that's due to the fact that Radeons have a smoother (read : truer, less emulated) DX9 rendering pipeline. Maybe we should make chipset compatibility an adjunct to the potential database? What do you think Martin? (hoping he reads this too :p)

Cheers,

Mezkal