What's new

Why not just say where to get games from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitcher

Before the mods jump the gun on me with a premature ban, you really have to wonder why people are so coy when it comes to offering info on where to download DC isos from. It's as if it's some sort of sacriligeous taboo. But since Chankast can't play GD-ROM's, everyone HAS to download their games from one source or another. And the only technicality that prevents this from being 'illegal' is if the person downloading owns the original game. So why not just tell others where to download isos from? How do we know they don't own the original game? Should they download the game 'illegally', it's their fault, not ours.

Aks

it only takes one idiot to be offended and then them have the authorities involved, if you dont know where to get games, tuff luck...plus I highly doubt chanka wants to be the reason why emutalk.net gets taken down...not hating/bashing just stating that it's not possible/nor is a good idea

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Glitcher said:
Before the mods jump the gun on me with a premature ban, you really have to wonder why people are so coy when it comes to offering info on where to download DC isos from. It's as if it's some sort of sacriligeous taboo. But since Chankast can't play GD-ROM's, everyone HAS to download their games from one source or another. And the only technicality that prevents this from being 'illegal' is if the person downloading owns the original game. So why not just tell others where to download isos from? How do we know they don't own the original game? Should they download the game 'illegally', it's their fault, not ours.

you're looking for a ban retard, we dont wanna know about illigal activity , everyone knows how to rip gd-rom to iso, learn how to do it.

warez monkey should deal with their conscience

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

I'm not asking for a ban, I'm just stating the obvious. And realistically speaking, I wonder how many people actually rip isos themselves, let alone know how to. I hope the mods understand that I'm simply trying to be as forthright as possible.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
XBOX said:
you're looking for a ban retard, we dont wanna know about illigal activity , everyone knows how to rip gd-rom to iso, learn how to do it.

warez monkey should deal with their conscience

Calm it down mate, flaming won't get us anywhere. As for ISOs, asking for them isn't really tolerated, but the reason why we can't give out details is because we don't want the games companies on our back, and secondly, its illegal.

Even if you own the game, downloading it is still illegal, because of it not being a replica of your original, there are many places where you can get dreamcast ISOs, you just need to look around.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
For fuck sakes, this issue has been discussed about a thousand times on this very board, why can't you people let it go. You want warez, go search for it elsewhere. Don't like that? Life's a bitch, don't let the door hit you on your head on your way out.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
No, we can't, because to tell you the truth, I'm freaking tired of seeing the same god awful question on the boards every few weeks, despite the fact that valid reasons were given as to why we don't allow warez linking on Emutalk, and that pisses me off.

Trotterwatch

If people wish to use illegal copies of games to run on emulators, then they will. But we ask that you do not involve us in it:

a) because it bores us shitless
b) it's illegal

I'll close this now to stop further flames ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.