What's new

joipad configuartion strange problem

holymoz

hi, I have a strange problem with joypad, I've got a joypad playstation-style that works perfectly on all games and emulators, the problem is that I can't use the direction controls in the games on chankast (I tried Ikaruga, the game runs, it was a joypad problem),
in the configuration menù of chankast the axis are assigned to analog stick (normal) but the dpad direction are assigned to other joypad buttons!! for example A B X Y ex.., I can only assign the dpad direction of chankast on buttons that AREN'T the dpad on joypad, the other buttons are well assigned but the direction buttons aren't on joypad's dpad and I can't change them.

the strange thing is that on the option menù of chankast (memory card ex..) the joypad runs good but when I start ikaruga the dpad and analog stick doesn't work, only the other buttons works good, why?? thanks!

p.s. I'm sorry for my english :p , ciaus!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
That's because while the analog pad is enabled, the digital pad uses the "point of view hat (POV)". Chanka does not support POV yet, that's why you cannot use both the analog and digital pad with Chankast.
In order to solve some control problems, you can use your analog pad as the digital Chanka pad (but you won't be able to use the analog Chanka pad).

Heinster

PsyMan said:
That's because while the analog pad is enabled, the digital pad uses the "point of view hat (POV)". Chanka does not support POV yet, that's why you cannot use both the analog and digital pad with Chankast.
In order to solve some control problems, you can use your analog pad as the digital Chanka pad (but you won't be able to use the analog Chanka pad).

Hope this is in the update :)

d3mon

i can't set my controls right too :(
maybe u can make a newly based joypad config menu?
which lets u deside which setting u want.

anyway keep up the AWESOME job!

Heinster

d3mon said:
i can't set my controls right too :(
maybe u can make a newly based joypad config menu?
which lets u deside which setting u want.

anyway keep up the AWESOME job!

They mentioned it in the next update (and in a reply to a mail of mine :p)...

But configuring the joypad is relatively ez once you found out.... Just select in top of the configuration screen your joypad and start pushing buttoons ;)... You'll notice that whatever button you are pushing (cause it highlights)you can choose which button you want it to be...