What's new

How go I check my system specs?

cooh

I have alot of problems with this emulator but I cant get real help unless I know what system I have. I know its windows XP, but I dont know what graphics card I have or anything. Is there somewhere I go on my computer 2 check it? I've been downloading numerous things I thought I needed but chanka won't run. I've been using the 3danalyzer but right after the swirl thing when it loads up, it crashes. Someone please help!

smcd

You can get a system analyzer called Everest (used to be Aida32 from www.aida32.hu ) but it is now at www.lavalys.com it is free for personal use. This will tell you all you ever wanted to know about your system and more.

dreamer

um..to check what system specs you have type "dxdiag" into the "run" under start menu. i used a prog called wcpuid to enable SSE (i think it was enabled anyways but oh well, it still told me some useful information)

mezkal

Man on a mission
Dreamer...ummm WRONG WRONG WRONG

DX Diag will show you the state of your Direct X installation (version and file breakdown) and the various hardware acceleration features of your gfx and sound card that are enabled. You can modify some of these settings in DXDIAG such as AGP texturing and DirectSound Hardware acceleration.

H.Oda's WCPUID will show you the capabilities of your processor. That's all. You can't magically ENABLE a feature like SSE if your CPU doesn't support it. It "was enabled anyways" in your case LOL.

Everest IS the program of choice for exploring your systems complete capabilties. I say "choice" coz its free :) SiSoft Sandra is nice too but its shareware.

Hero

cooh said:
I have alot of problems with this emulator but I cant get real help unless I know what system I have. I know its windows XP, but I dont know what graphics card I have or anything. Is there somewhere I go on my computer 2 check it? I've been downloading numerous things I thought I needed but chanka won't run. I've been using the 3danalyzer but right after the swirl thing when it loads up, it crashes. Someone please help!

The part where it loads then crashes, I had that problem, and I got it working by getting the latest drivers for my gfx card. That's probably what you need. Once you find out what kinda gfx card you have, go to their main website and see if you can download the latest drivers for it. Install it, restart your computer and try loading chankast again.