What's new

Runs on MS 2000 Server

r3v3rb

Just to let you guys know for some strange reason, considering all the talk of Chanka only running under XP, that I have been successful at getting chanka running on our dual xeon server at work (please dont let the boss read this !!), but our server isnt XP its Windows 2000 Server with 1gb of rmemory, i'm not even sure if it has an nvidia gfx card or not. will check tomorrow and post the answer...

But the ironic part is it wont run on my AMD XP+ 2000, GF3 ti200 with 256mb of memory Desktop system at home. I think it could actually be a memory problem more than a system/gfx card issue for most people who are having trouble...

:plain:

bleeder

did you actualy play games? or did you just boot into bios? because I and others can do that but just cant play games on 2000

mezkal

Man on a mission
r3v3rb said:
Just to let you guys know for some strange reason, considering all the talk of Chanka only running under XP, that I have been successful at getting chanka running on our dual xeon server at work (please dont let the boss read this !!), but our server isnt XP its Windows 2000 Server with 1gb of rmemory, i'm not even sure if it has an nvidia gfx card or not. will check tomorrow and post the answer...

But the ironic part is it wont run on my AMD XP+ 2000, GF3 ti200 with 256mb of memory Desktop system at home. I think it could actually be a memory problem more than a system/gfx card issue for most people who are having trouble...

:plain:

It's more than likely the GF3 Ti actually considering the other posts I've read like yours, also in terms of the dual Xeon, what were you actually trying to gamewise? I'd be interested to know whether 2000 server has the necessary low level CD reading caps as XP.

Cheers,

Mezkal