SketcHacker

I have 2 comps for gaming:

1. Gateway Laptop
windows xp professional
P3 1.2 GHZ
768 MB Ram
64 MB Intel GFX
DX9.0B

Do you think i can run chankast on that comp?

2. Dell
Windows xp professional
P3 500 MHZ
256 MB Ram
64 MB Geforce 4 MX 420 GFX
DX9.0B

Even though this systems specs are alot lower, i can play some great games on it that i cannot play on my laptop. even though its 500 MHZ it runs games like "midnight club 2" "LOTR: ROTK" "Splinter Cell" all perfect even though it doesnt meet the requirements.

My question is to anyone who may have tried chankast on similar specs as i have on my 2 comps.

Sketch

OzTm

It's very likely to get extremely low FPS at 500 MHz CPU (if the emulator even works), but... if it runs ok for you (if you can play the game without being disturbed by the low FPS) then it's just fine :)

Clements

That second comp is no doubt slow and fairly old in computer terms, but it does have SSE instructions (since it's a PIII) and it has a GeForce video card. The speed will be slow due to the processor, but in theory it could at least work.

japedo

chankast relies more heavily on your cpu and doesnt use the video card much at all (according to someone elses post in another thread) so the laptop MIGHT run it cuz you have a 1.2ghz but i wouldnt count on the 500mhz one to run it

Greggory

I wouldn't even try it with computer #2. You'd be seriously wasting your time since people are having slowness problems with double the speed of that and triple it. Try it with computer #1, get a better graphics card though.