What's new

Memory issues?

captcapcom

I meet all the requirements for Chanka that were posted in the sticky's (I have WinXP and DirectX9b, a 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 Processor)

I am currently using the Capcom Hack .... and a CDI image of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (USA)

Everything sems to be fine until I try to play it.... the speed is slow in game (a very unplayable speed) and the sound seems to not catch up with some of the graphics....

Is this a Memory issue? I only have 488MB of RAM.... Could turning off other programs help speed?

Please be nice... this is my first experience with this emulator and I only scanned over the forums before posting and didn't see this addressed anywhere else?

OzTm

Well... first of all, speed still is an issue with this new emulator, but what do you mean by unplayable speed? How many FPS?

Ram shouldn't be a problem, since I have only 256 MB of RAM and I get 20-40 FPS in Resident Evil Code: Veronica

kamui

My friend's pc have only athlonexp1800+ and 128M ram,but the speed was still acceptable.Do you have installed the newest anti-virus tool?

OP
C

captcapcom

OzTm said:
Well... first of all, speed still is an issue with this new emulator, but what do you mean by unplayable speed? How many FPS?

Ram shouldn't be a problem, since I have only 256 MB of RAM and I get 20-40 FPS in Resident Evil Code: Veronica

My FPS jumps between 15 to 5 while in a game.... its 64 to 73 while in Demo Mode

BalleBal

SF3: Third Strike runs just fine!

StreetFighter III: Third Strike runs just fine on my PC, only issue i have is when i use a supermove the framerate drops down to 9 FPS! :yucky:

And another issue is when i play the games (Any game for that matter) longer then 3 min. the emulator quits itself or makes a C++ error.

All the 3 versions did this for me, so i did not see any difference between them.
I love this emu already, even when it's just in Alpha!
I think we need to support these programmers in each and every way we can!

My PC?:

Intel Pentium IV @ 2.8Ghz + HT
1024MB Corsair 2.3.3 Ram XMS
120GB Serial ATA150 HDD
ASUS P4C800 with PAT enabled

Additional info:
Running the OS at "Perfomance" mode, with only dropshadows for icons enabled.
Norton Internet Security on the background.
FrameRate under chanka: steadily around 35~40.

P.S.
If one of the programming team should read this.
If you ever need a dutch translation of the program PM me, i will not let you guys down!

CHEERS! :party: