What's new

ppl with laptops please read on.

achiles

I have see many chankast users trying to use their intregrated graphics cards to run it. Most of you have found no success, some of you have, by using a program called 3danalyze, look for it on google you cant miss it and experiment, it could be also helpful for ppl that have desktops with intregrated graphics as well. try it out if you succeed tell us your laptop/desktop model and all relevant info to help others in need.

Any questions let me know, later.

edit:here is the website http://www.tommti-systems.de/go.html?http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Achiles

Last edited:
OP
A

achiles

jszy said:
could please post your configuration of 3danalyze?
there are tons of checkboxes.....T_T

do you have a laptop if you do go to the vendor and device id and put the one from the 9800 pro on the spaces. try that it may work.

Basicly is fooling chankast into beliving you intel or sis is a ati.

ultima528

I got the emulator to work on my laptop...

Specs:
Manufacturer/Model: Dell Inspiron 5150
Processor: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 - 3.06 GHz, 533 MHz FSB
Memory: 512 MB
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 - 64 MB
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Optical Drive: DVD/CD-RW Combo
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP1

Didn't need to use 3danalyze...

Last edited:

cooh

Hi, I have been expirementing with the 3d analyzer 4 a while now. I've made many post but know 1 knows why it doesn't work. Right after I hit init, and the swirl finishes it seems as if it will load then it crashes. I know It cant be the iso becuase i tried loading it with the emulator already loaded and it recognized the game. Some people said it was my video card, So I downloaded something called "intel extreme graphics" but it still didn't work. I dont know 2 much about video cards and where 2 get them. On the 3d analyzer, I tried clicking certain boxes, Inputing the Id nubers in the box and other things. If u know which boxes I should check, or the numbers I could put in the boxes please help me. Here are my specs:

Os- Windows XP Home Edition
CPu- Intel Celeron 4A, 2000mhz - either 2.00Ghz or 200ghz( I need 2 check again)
Graphics controller- Intel Extreme graphics

ok I hope some1 can work with that and help me out. I really want to use this emu. some1 please help!!!!!!

jszy

achiles said:
do you have a laptop if you do go to the vendor and device id and put the one from the 9800 pro on the spaces. try that it may work.

Basicly is fooling chankast into beliving you intel or sis is a ati.

do i need the driver for ati?
because it still doesnt work

jszy

ok, my laptop has all the hardware requirements, but the sound card is dead T_T
i am now able to see the dreamcast logo, but after that, error pops up.....

OP
A

achiles

jszy said:
ok, my laptop has all the hardware requirements, but the sound card is dead T_T
i am now able to see the dreamcast logo, but after that, error pops up.....

some games crash with the emulator, check your game against the compatibility list.

And if your sound card doesnt normaly work, more than likely chankast wont either.

Last edited:

musiq

ultima how many FPS do you get

ultima i have the same laptop except i have nvidia Geforce 64 mb

instead of the ati..

how many FPS do you get during gameplay of mvc2 and cvs2?
and are your framerates consistent?

also unrelated is that i dont like how the fan is located on the bottom of the laptop. it leads to overheating :yucky:

ultima528

I don't know why, but whenever I do something related to Direct3D, the framerate always drops drastically at random times, and then speeds up to normal, so I can't really give you a good account (can it have something to do with my using Omega's drivers?). Anyway, I don't have CvS2, so I can't play it.

As for the overheating, I experienced that last night, when I was playing Halo, the game froze out of nowhere, and when I restarted the computer, Windows kept freezing. I thought there was some applicaiton error, so I booted into safe mode, but the same problem occurred. Just then, I realized that my fan was REALLY loud, so I stopped everything I was doing, lifted my laptop, pointed the fan at the bottom toward another fan (one of those oscillating fans for human use :p), and the sound from the fan stopped a few seconds later... so yeah, long story short, I hate the fan's position too :D

musiq

ultima - seriously its such a bad design. i am really tempted to ask them to exchange it for another model or something.

:plain: