What's new

Problem making games boot

Zophar

Hey guys,

Haven't tried the emulator thing for a long time now, but when I heard that DC emulation had become a reality, I figured hey, why not? Anyways, I have the 2 DC ROMs loaded, and am using the newgfx version, as the other version's graphx are slightly corrupt for me. I've tried Sonic Adventure and Virtua Fighter 3tb so far, and neither game will boot for me. The emulator sees them, but it thinks they are music CDs and says 'please insert game cd'. Here's my setup:

Athlon XP 3000+
512MB PC3200 DDR @2700
ATI RADEON 8500LE
SOUNDBLASTER LIVE
8X HP CDWRITER

Any suggestions?

Brad "Zophar" Levicoff

mezkal

Man on a mission
OMFG Zophar!! I have't seen you round in ages.....since the #Bleem days....LOL. :) Good to see ya man..... Nice to know that us oldies aren't really a dieing breed :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Gah, Zophar.. when did you decide to show up?! :D Welcome back. :phone:

Mezkal.. for sure, I began to wonder if everyone back from the haydays of emulation would simply dissapear, to be overrun and eventually replaced by the n00bs. Good to see that there are older members still somewhat active in the scene.

As for the problem, what OS are you running?

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zophar

About 2 days ago. :) Been busy with work, girlfriend, real life... you know the drill. :)

I think I was replaced... I don't even control zophar.net these days, hehehe. Kind of ironic isn't it? Anywho, I'm running Windows XP Professional SP1. I can't utilize the self-boot tutorial since it calls for 2 drives and for all my speed, I only have one 8x cd-writer, go figure.

So, what do you think? :)

Brad "Zophar" Levicoff

cooliscool said:
Gah, Zophar.. when did you decide to show up?! :D Welcome back. :phone:

Mezkal.. for sure, I began to wonder if everyone back from the haydays of emulation would simply dissapear, to be overrun and eventually replaced by the n00bs. Good to see that there are older members still somewhat active in the scene.

As for the problem, what OS are you running?

mezkal

Man on a mission
Zophar said:
About 2 days ago. :) Been busy with work, girlfriend, real life... you know the drill. :)

I think I was replaced... I don't even control zophar.net these days, hehehe. Kind of ironic isn't it? Anywho, I'm running Windows XP Professional SP1. I can't utilize the self-boot tutorial since it calls for 2 drives and for all my speed, I only have one 8x cd-writer, go figure.

So, what do you think? :)

Brad "Zophar" Levicoff

Zoph, I'd like to say more but look for "FRANXIS" in the sticky threads. You know the deal, trying avoid piracy discussions :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Hmm.. Have you tried loading the ISOs in virtual drives? (I kinda sense that you were doing it all along.. but hey). :whistling