What's new

ioControl error with MVC2

Glitcher

Hallelujia!! I finally managed to prevent Chankast from crashing when I initialise! It turns out the solution was to switch from 32bit display to 16bit display. Now everything works hunky-dory.... almost.

Now I've encountered another problem. When I try to run my mounted selfboot image of MVC2 in Chankast, I get an "ioControl" error when the bios are loading. I'm using 3D Analyze with "force SW Tnl" and "force 16Bit Zbuffer (without stencil)" selected otherwise the emulator crashes. I also tried mounting the image after the bios are loaded, then selecting "Play" from the bios menu, but that didn't seem to work. Lacrimosa666 says he's run into this problem, too. Anyone know how to solve this?

McLeod

Glitcher said:
Hallelujia!! I finally managed to prevent Chankast from crashing when I initialise! It turns out the solution was to switch from 32bit display to 16bit display. Now everything works hunky-dory.... almost.

Now I've encountered another problem. When I try to run my mounted selfboot image of MVC2 in Chankast, I get an "ioControl" error when the bios are loading. I'm using 3D Analyze with "force SW Tnl" and "force 16Bit Zbuffer (without stencil)" selected otherwise the emulator crashes. I also tried mounting the image after the bios are loaded, then selecting "Play" from the bios menu, but that didn't seem to work. Lacrimosa666 says he's run into this problem, too. Anyone know how to solve this?

Isn't a video problem, ioControl error says problem is reading CDROM or Image...

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

So what do I do? If I try to run the image after burning it to a CD, Chankast mysteriously closes after loading the bios. Any ideas?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Try using different virtual CD-ROM drives (Daemon tools, Alcohol, nero image drive, blah blah blah...). If this doesn't work, it may be due to a corrupted ISO (so you have to recreate it) or due to an emulator bug.

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
This is the way I fixed this problem I redownloaded the image again it was the same game but from a diff source. Sometimes the image might of burned to quick to the cdr and then that person made a image from that same disc? All I know is I got another image of the game and I did not have that problem anymore.

Freesnake

try to use daemon tools 3.29. it's proved that this ver is the best one for chanka and the dc image.

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

Mounting the image with Alcohol 120% or Daemon doesn't solve anything. But how can my image be corrupted if it runs on DC?

I haven't had a chance to test the selfboot image of MVC2 (that I converted with bin2boot) on a DC, but the original non-boot image works fine. If I try and load the non-boot image, Chankast recognises it as an audio CD. Is bin2boot the problem? Are there any other programs that can change non-boot images to selfboot?

AP Raul

neo.Cultural.Revolution.c
I was having a major problem running Chankast. Actually, it wouldnt run at all. Then I changed my settings to 16bit and forced the 16bit buffer too, and now it loads the Bios screen. That's about it. None of my images work.

Toxicoffender

COME on..
Same problem here...the image will load and then it just resets back to the first screen. Then i set the date...go back to play..and it starts over. Does anyone know if this is a rom problem, a reading problem, or a settings problem?

laila

gamejack might solve the problem. i used dtools to mount street fighter 3, but chanka gave iocontrol. i changed dtools to gamejack and it workd.