What's new

SC doesn't run

xClarkx

First of all, I would like to thank the Chankast devs for such a great emu. I don't have problems runing mvsc2 and crazy taxi 2. But when I triy Soul Calibur appears an advice saying (only in new gfx version I'm able to read it):
"This game doesn't support the AV cable that is currently connected to the main console. Turn off the power and replace the AV cable."

Acording to the compatibily list this game is fully playable. I even saw some screenshots.

What is the problem?

OzTm

Search the forums for other "cable" problems. you will understand that your cd is the problem. You will find out how to patch it to make it work under Chankast.

The main idea is that every game has a flag inside the IP.bin file that tells the Dreamcast that it is capable of VGA video output. If that flag is not set, the game won't start.

mezkal

Man on a mission
xClarkx said:
First of all, I would like to thank the Chankast devs for such a great emu. I don't have problems runing mvsc2 and crazy taxi 2. But when I triy Soul Calibur appears an advice saying (only in new gfx version I'm able to read it):
"This game doesn't support the AV cable that is currently connected to the main console. Turn off the power and replace the AV cable."

Acording to the compatibily list this game is fully playable. I even saw some screenshots.

What is the problem?

The problem is that you need to do some research on these forums :) All the answers you are looking for are there.

Oh and if you're that DC warez kiddie from before.....remember the URL I gave you :)

Cheers
Mezkal

OP
X

xClarkx

mezkal said:
Oh and if you're that DC warez kiddie from before.....remember the URL I gave you :)

Cheers
Mezkal

I'm sorry but no. And forgive If in my country a DC and DC games are too expensive for me to buy them.

OzTm

There are many countries with these kind of problems, including mine. But if you really want a game, you can spend a lot of your money to buy it.
Second of all, it is not interesting for anyone in this forum WHERE you get your games from. If you want help with your games, wherever you have it from, read everything and try to get results. Just don't get this discussion to the illegal ways of obtaining games, since that stuff is forbidden here, and no one wants to hear about that.

OP
X

xClarkx

OzTm said:
There are many countries with these kind of problems, including mine. But if you really want a game, you can spend a lot of your money to buy it.
Second of all, it is not interesting for anyone in this forum WHERE you get your games from. If you want help with your games, wherever you have it from, read everything and try to get results. Just don't get this discussion to the illegal ways of obtaining games, since that stuff is forbidden here, and no one wants to hear about that.

I know the rules. mezkal start talking about this confusing me with a warez man he knows.

mezkal

Man on a mission
xClarkx said:
I know the rules. mezkal start talking about this confusing me with a warez man he knows.

I didn't confuse you. I merely made an edjucated guess based on a previous query from a warez kiddie. Your query is exactly the same - even down to the "A/V cable and then power off" error.

I didn't insult you, nor did I accuse you so please don't feel defensive.

Finally, my answer was true. I have had the very same problem and I found my solution (after much hair pulling and stuff) by searching through these forums. Noone helped me out.

This is web based discussion group - not a technical support centre. I'm not on your payroll and I don't have to do anything to help you. That's not an insult, it's just the way life is. Deal with it :)

If you can take the time to respond in argument to my response to your query (Which is a completely futile exercise I can tell you that!) maybe you would benefit more by using the search function or just try browsing some of the sticky threads here. (damn I've already told him too much guys - now we really HAVE to kill him muhahahhahaha) :p

Have a nice Day :)

Mezkal

Drunkard

Hi

Yes so was mine but however doing the method (Thefreeman) states, will remake the image and you wont get the av cable error, I tried with soul caliber, it was one of the first games I tried, I got that AV Cable error, Used the above selfboot kit, it cant get any easier

I gaurantee it will work once its finished, if setup correctly!

PS you will need the aspi drivers if scanbus.bat cant find your cdrw , reader drives

Drunkard

Hey, wow that was almost realtime the tine it took for you to reply!

haha

Anyway goodluck
PS I find the capcom hack works best for me on this game

mezkal

Man on a mission
mar_cin said:
d-tools 3.44 only for SC (for me works just fine... )

Mods I think this thread should be blocked. Too many direct questions pertaining to piracy. Freeman I don't hink you should have answered the question. If people can't browse and search the forums for answer, then they should miss out. Plain and simple.

Cheers,

Mezkal

madprofessor

zito oi penses
mezkal said:
Mods I think this thread should be blocked. Too many direct questions pertaining to piracy. Freeman I don't hink you should have answered the question. If people can't browse and search the forums for answer, then they should miss out. Plain and simple.

Cheers,

Mezkal

i guess the mods in this forum can tell when a topic has to be closed or not...
;)

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
mezkal said:

Cheers,

Mezkal

Mezkal, I could have decided not to answer the question, but Im not on this community to NOT help people, and try to act like a smartass without being useful at all. Im here to help the users, and ocassionally, receive a little help. I believe we all need help, and in return, we must all help each other. I believe that's what a community is all about. But that is just me.

Last edited:

dreamer

Mezkal, I could have decided not to answer the question, but Im not on this community to NOT help people, and try to act like a smartass without being useful at all. Im here to help the users, and ocassionally, receive a little help. I believe we all need help, and in return, we must all help each other. I believe that's what a community is all about. But that is just me.
well said thefreeman, no offence to you Mezkal, but you seem to have an attitude problem. i'm not here to start an arugment and probably won't even read this thread again, but it's nice to help people if they need help. with an exception to them asking 'rule breaking' questions or just plain stupid ones.