What's new

Best ISO Self boot program?

mustangmikeb

So I have the Marvel vs Capcom 2 ISO ripped from a burned copy and I don't think it's self-bootable so What is the best and easiest program to make it self-bootable.

Thanks

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Freesnake said:
the easiest often not the best.
Great helpfull! :plain:
Had someone a advice which selfboot prog we should use? There are a lot released and I don't know what's the best.

chevi

Selfboot Batch file - By Franxis.
Based on the script done by Pedro.

This works very good, I tested it with a few games such as RE Code Veronica, Power Stone 2 etc...

OzTm

I guess you just have to try again and again until your cd really works with chankast, like most of the ppl did (I suppose), so just try them one by one, because they are only a few. Also, try to make a prioritisation based on how hard it seems for you to do it. :)

Sultan

I tried Franxis' selfboot batch script, and couldn't get it too recognize my cd-rw under the dos shell. Also tried bin2boot, and that seemed to work, but when I load the resulting .cdi I get infinite IO errors in chankast. Happens to me on every game. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I am making the bin with Alcohol 120%, then just dropping that into bin2boot. Doesn't seem like there's much to change with that method.

OzTm

bin2boot worked just fine with me, i had problems with the .bin file, as it depends on the cd's (or initial iso's) format (you can see the difference in IsoBuster, the two Tracks on the CD)