What's new

Thank You Chanka team

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Yes, I must also thank you (I have already sent an email to the chanka devs doing so) for putting together such an AMAZING emulator. I truly love the dreamcast, and the feeling and "karma" surrounding this console. Now Dreamcast lives again!!!

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
yep it sure does :)

p.s the more support that we give to the developers, the better Chanka will get:)

Masterem

Keep up the great work

I justed wanted to add my 2cents by saying great work and hopfully i will be able to give the team of chankast a donation and i hope there are other people out there that will do the same. :bouncy:

M

MegaManXGC

Man, I love this emulater and I know its gonna only get better!! I Thank All of the people that made chanka possible. And Thank god for the DreamCast too. I knew one day someone waz gonna make a DC Emu that actually played Commercal games.

And Again Thank you Chanka Team!!!!!!!!

mezkal

Man on a mission
OK so here comes my 10c (does that mean its 5x more valuable then Masterem's? :p)

Chanka Dev's from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU :)

You have proven that not only is emulation still a very dynamic and entertaining scene but that it's basis is sound. The DC was arguably the most loved console ever made. Titles like Soul Calibur, Power Stone 1 (not 2 it sawwwked), Confidential Mission and the unbeatable DOA2 (3 on XBOX pales in comparison in terms of difficulty and 'feel') were just not beaten on any console since. Soul Calibur 2 on XBOX/GC/PS2 is shit in comparison to the DC original - even now SC STILL looks and plays better than its modern sequel. DOA2 DC is only roughly equalled in terms of speed by DOA2 Hardcore on PS2, even then the DC version had better graphics (well 80 interlaced vertical lines more res and NO JAGGIES) and a grappling system that was MUCH closer to the arcade.

I followed ICARUS with baited breath for the last two years and its really nice to see some of that work ending up here in Chankast. Emulation, for all of its drama and squabbling, really is a community :)

So, once again, a hearty thanks to the Chankast devs!

Three Cheers!!

Hip

HOORAY

:p

Peace

mezkal

Last edited:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Chankast has the merit of bringing back several great members of the emulation scene, in addition to bringing back to life one of the best gaming machines ever created.
Even if the authours would decide to just polish the code without adding other commercial games, this emulator would always be a tribute to programming skills and the DreamCast itself.
That's why we must be grateful to the Team.
Evrain

unai

We are very happy with your support and will try to make it the best we can...

It is beeing a big efford but the your support makes it possible.

mezkal

Man on a mission
unai said:

Well I think I can speak for us all when I say - Whatever support you need - We will bring it :)

Peace

Mezkal

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
unai said:

Best attitude I've seen in a long time. Don't know what to say except.. wow, you guys are incredible.. :blush:

Thanks again for everything you've all done for the scene. I've been up all night lately, playing with the wonder that is Chankast.. it feels so good. Again.. Thanks. I plan on donating a bit when I get some money (which should be soon.. I plan on giving as much as I can). :party:

Last edited:

Gorxon

Administrator
Suck-ups!

Just kidding of course :p

The chanka team has done an amazing job and should really be proud of what they have made thus far (and hopefully will make in the future).

Dural

Outstanding work guys.

I've waited very long to see the DC decently emulated on the PC and now it is possible thanks to your efforts :bouncy:

Keep up the good work!!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I never thougt DC emulation would be possible, because the other one (I'm talking about Icarus) never saw the light and then everybody said "I'm working on a DC emu, it shows some demos", but nothing more...
As I heard your one will be released and shows some stuff I thought: "just another one, never will be released!"
But all of these things were wrong! Sorry guys, you've done a great thing of emulation and I'm feeling that a new star on the emulation heaven is born...
(think the ppl, who was there as ePSXe was born, had the same feeling about that and now it's the greatest PSX emu ever)
Guys, keep up that great work, we will 4ever support you!

OzTm

I have remained speechless when I saw the blue swirl... I have no words to thank you, guys...