What's new

Stupid question

ygunna

Well I can't get Chankast to work, it gives me an error when at the swirl screen...anyway I heard if i update my drivers for my card it can make it work..... but where do i get these updates? I have a ATI Mobility Radeon by the way.

Thanks in advance...

OP
Y

ygunna

The Bios loads up perfectly when no game is inserted but when I put a Game Capcom Vs Snk 2 Echelon release, when it's suppose to go to the Sega logo after the swirl it says" windows needs to close this application" and then tells me to send an error report.
Specs
2.2GHz Pentium 4
512 mb ram
Ati Raedon card

mezkal

Man on a mission
TheFreeman said:
You can get the updates at ati's homepage.

Actually freeman, no you can't. All Mobility chipsets (either NVidia's Go range or ATI's Radeon Mobility selection) are supported by the original laptop vendor not by either GFX chipset company. Therefore all driver updates generally need to be obtained from the laptop vendors support web page.

However, personally I recommend OMEGA's customised Drivers for ATI chipsets (including Moibilty Radeons too :) - http://www.omegacorner.com

Omega has modified the driver install package for the latest ATI Catalyst 4.5 drivers to support Laptops (ie Mobilty Radeon family) and to have better compatibility. Furthermore, most laptop vendors are really slow when it comes to driver updates (unlike DELL LOL) so the omega drivers will give all the latest features instead.

Cheers,

Mezkal

Last edited:

Freesnake

i m using omega driver currently.it contains a few function that the official version doesn't give to.i overclocked the chipset and memory of my r9600 in omega settings,hihi.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Exist such things like the omega one for geforce, too? Would be interesting to know of it.

mezkal

Man on a mission
MasterPhW_DX there certainly are custom driver sets of the latest Forceware drivers around. Personally I tend to find that NV either do not benefit from customisation or they generally just need custom drivers as everything works on NV cards out of the box. Omegacorner also has a custom driver set for geforce cards but its based on the 55.xx release I think.