What's new

Games won't boot! (tried EVERYTHING)

Mic431

First off, I would like to thank all the people for putting time and effort into making an emulator for a great system.

Now, I tried everything here (tutorials, all versions of emulator, mounting images, etc...) but nothing will boot up for me. I either get an Audio CD screen with the spinning CD (example: Record of Lodoss War) or get 'error' messages (example: Powerstone 1). These games are both self-bootable. What did I do wrong here?
Here are my specs:

Athlon XP2600+ 'Barton'
768mb PC2700 RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600 128mb (8x AGP) with latest drivers
Direct X 9.0b

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah... could be a drive problem. Only my DVD writer can read my DC Games as a data CD, the other one thinks its an audio one. Or do you mount a image? Then it could be that you have a non bootable one!

mezkal

Man on a mission
Error Messages

Mic431 said:
I either get an Audio CD screen with the spinning CD (example: Record of Lodoss War) or get 'error' messages (example: Powerstone 1). These games are both self-bootable.

Have u read the error message? If its a Dreamcast error window and you're using the standard Chankast alpha (not the new gfx or capcom versions) then its more than likely that the error is telling that you have the wrong A/V cable attached (ie the IP_BIN is missing a flag to tell the DC/Chankast that the game is VGA output capable) and you probably can't read it. If that's the case do a search in the forums for the "franxis" selfboot tools. I tried three different toolsets before I found that one to work for my Single Burner system.

Good Luck