What's new

Gerrit, you around?

apexad

It is ironic that I ask this, because this is the first time in a quite awhile that I, one of the moderators of this forum, have actually posted in it, but I figured I should, and if I am going to, Gerrit should as well. Hence the topic.

No news since February 2004, any updates or delays to report?

At any rate, with PearPC out, as soon as I get a new power supply and video card, it looks like I will finally be able to use my sixtyforce registration code! YAY!

As far as Rice's video plugin is concerned, with some imense time during the summer, I might look into porting it, that is of course if I get permission and all that... but don't get your hopes up, I have not really programmed much on macs, and have not owned one or over a year now.

corradokid

Maybe Gerrit is optimizing for the G5? Or was waiting to attend WWDC in SF? Or.... hmm. I'm curious as well, hope he continues to develop SixtyForce - I like it so much I paid! :)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
apexad said:
At any rate, with PearPC out, as soon as I get a new power supply and video card, it looks like I will finally be able to use my sixtyforce registration code! YAY!

Surely you don't actually think you'll be able to run Sixtyforce on PearPC, do you? It's slow as hell (think 50 MHz Mac), and has no hardware video acceleration. 0.3 promises to be almost useable for 2D stuff, but still not nearly enough to play games.

corradokid

vleespet said:
Maybe he's just enjoying life :p

But seriously... has anyone heard anything? :unsure: 6 months without a peep when he was making lots of progress within a 4 month period (Nov '03 to Feb '04) is surprising.

Mupen64 is the other N64 emulator and that hasn't been touched in 10 months or so meaning no word on progress for any Mac N64 emulator :(

OP
A

apexad

Mupen64 just got updated yet again, but still no progress on the Mac OS X port of it. It also seems that now that Mupen64 is doing dynarec that it once again might be hard to port.