What's new

Games boot on DC but not in Chankast?

jdsony

Does anyone have any games that will boot on a regular DC but in Chankast they go to the music player? I'm just wondering because I have some games that do that and hope they will work on a real DC once I pick one up again.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Strange, never had the problem at all, else i would of added it to my compatability list for a game or two. Are you using Windows XP? It states in the english intructions (from the official site) the emu will only work on Windows XP or 2003.

OP
jdsony

jdsony

Stezo2k said:
Strange, never had the problem at all, else i would of added it to my compatability list for a game or two. Are you using Windows XP? It states in the english intructions (from the official site) the emu will only work on Windows XP or 2003.

Yeah I'm on XP. A lot of games I have do work that's no problem, there are just some I have that don't so I was wondering if maybe Chankast doesn't like them, they are not selfboot, or they are bad altogether.

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
same problem here some of my games that are autobootable on DC seems to be NON Bootable on chankast
here a little list:
Dance dance revolution 2nd mix
Ooga booga
San francisco rush 2049

spaffdog

hmmm...
to figure out if they should boot on a DC
open a program that'll give u full info on the disc.

i use nero disc info for this...

should have first track audio and second data
or data/data (first track bigger than second track)

Last edited:

exodust

This images big data/small data (up 1 mb) is a trick to boot (bin 2 boot) program, the big data have all data and the small data only have a ip.bin in a boot sector and reassing the toc in the big data.

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
steamover said:
maybe it's a cd reader error... try to make an iso from the CD and mount it
I don't think it's possilbe to make a iso format image of a game if the backup is bootable. In alcohol120 once a disc is bootable it won't give you a option to put it in iso format. Only mds an ccd. I was only able to make a iso image's from a disc's only if it was not a bootable disc.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
guys....this is the alpha version...it cant play all the games yet...thats why zezu don't wont to release icarus.to avoid this..