What's new

0.5.3 Feedback

xamenus

Great work, Jabo! :) Jnes is getting better all the time. I'm going to fire up a few games on Jnes and have some fun! ;)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
A new version! Great to see, try it if I#m back at home and let my PAL roms rock on JNES! Jabo did you had some time or why we can see a new version? But that doesn't matter, I'm happy with a new release!

Legend

I love your emulator along with so many other people and thanks again for contining this project. The emu is perfect for me and my games, especially now that the "go full screen" works properly. Wish I had something more constructive but oh well. You are such a debt to the emu scene. :party:

kleinma

it would be great if certain features could be switched using command line params to launch jnes. I am writing an app right now to manage my roms and have a nice browse interface, but I have to use round about ways to get it to work, like launching the rom in jnes, then sending alt+enter to it to start in full screen. It would be nice if using a command line param you could activate these features, and even have a "lock" feature that locks all current settings so that your app could be integrated nicely into a system like this.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
The improved Input really helped fix up a few of those saving when in fullscreen bugs. Also, my NES controller is actually working better now, i thought it was a hardware issue, since i made the adapter.

Great work on another Jnes update Jabo.

P.S. get mapper #113 working next ver, my gf wants to play a game with that mapper, and i have to keep using another emu! :p

OP
X

xamenus

Another thing I'll add is that the sound seems to be working better. :) The stereo sound is very cool, a feature I haven't seen in any other NES emulator.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Thanks for your nice comments everyone, the input works better with my gamepad too, the ultimate treat :)

Cpt Stifu

Yeah, Jnes is my favorite NES emulator... I like how simple, fast and "clean" it is.
I'm glad to see it's still getting updated !

OP
X

xamenus

Well, I just noticed that the freeze in "Chessmaster, The (U)" isn't fixed. I realize that is probably isn't a very popular game, but I figured that as you're a programmer you'd want to squash as much bugs as you can find. :p

P.S. In a future version, can it be made where the menu is accesible in fullscreen? :icecream: Thanks.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I agree with IceFox about the menu being accessed in fullscreen mode to make it easier to load games instead of going out of fullscreen mode everytime to load a game.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I thought I got ahold of Chestmaster last time it was reported, but I took a look and I don't have the rom image, so I'm assuming I didn't test it

I'll put the request for menus in full screen into the enhancement pile, that kinda stuff might take some careful thought -- I'm trying to make Jnes more friendly to people with home theatre PC's in the future this is probably one of those ideas

knowitman

This is my favorite NES emulator and it just keeps getting better like everyone says. I think that your idea for the home theatre PCs is a great idea expecially since those are getting more popular. I am pretty sure I have the Chessmaster rom so I will test it and see if I get any errors.

smegforbrain

Things look good.

I did have the program lock up on me once (I'll see if I can duplicate what happened), and there are the usual suggestions for things. ;)

Mapper 5 games are half-way there atleast - they load and start, but with scrambled results.

And since I actually bothered to use the Browser for the first time, I saw a few of the ol' Koei games are in fact Mapper 1, not Mapper 5. So I guess I'm at a bigger loss as to why they won't load. Ahh well. Some day. :)

ggab

Emutalk Member
1) and how about to add the Stop Emulation key, like F12 in PJ64?
because in fullscreen, to close a rom, i need to press ESC, and then from the File menu close the current game.
2) and, maybe, its a great idea to allow resize the Audio Graph window.

Super Great NES emulator (my favourite)!! you are fantastic, cool, superb, etc. :)

Dante 6

lets see

2 THings needs jnes to fuck everyone included virtualnes:

1 show toolbar menu (Whit save in slot included) when is in fullscreen and maybe apear when move the mouse
2 Stop the game since the mini mode is showed because keeps runing when you need to cofigure something.

ggab

Emutalk Member
BUG in versions 0.52 & 0.53:
in winXP (i don't try with 9x/ME), if i set Triple buffering ON, and play with a game-pad (well, it's a SNES pad via LPT, but all my games works 100% OK, thanks to Direct-Input), the input isn't read at all, well it's crazy and with a delay of 30-40 sec, so really creazy, the Directional arrows stays like pressed (@full screen, because TriBuf is only in FulScr...).
With the keyboard, everything is ok. It is a rare bug....