What's new

Control Config Menu not appear

tazhk

When I click the configure control button in WINXP, the config screen do not popup. However, when I'm using WIN98, the button can configure correctly and saved (of cos the emulator not work in WIN98) . Anyone know is there any file store the control config information? So that I can transfer the setting from WIN98 to WINXP.Thx

OP
T

tazhk

Thx for the reply, the directx and display card driver is already the latest version.

IJTF_Cinder

I have this very same problem too. I booted into 2k and it worked fine there.
Just setup your controller in your other OS and copy over the file "<username>X_KEYBOARDX_0.INI" (Keyboard file, mouse will be named the same but MOUSEX_0.INI etc) from x:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps\

I just did that, remembered the keys I set and used Joy2Key so I could use a gamepad. :bouncy:

IJTF_Cinder

The .cfg file has nothing to do with controls. It only holds the CDROM drive letter, go ahead have a look inside it. :happy:
Chankast uses DirectX mapping for it's control scheme and thus saves the control configuration where I stated in the previous post.

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
Ignore me, I'm just butting in here. This bug seems very odd to me considering the config menu. For you non programmers out there, the config menu chankast uses is the one built into directx. It's actually part of the dx core, all the chankast team had to do was setup a "binding scheme" (excuse me if I'm using poor terminology.) and it was ready to go. This makes me think that your issues involve a bad directx install or the wrong version.

IJTF_Cinder

DirectX 9, and upon having this issue re-installed DX9 3 times to no avail.
My Win2k setup is identical to my XP setup (Everything is running the same drivers and running DX9)
Is no fault of mine (Can't speak for anyone else here)