What's new

Resident Evil Code Veronica

LiquidSnake

I tried to run RE CV on Chankast, but I got nothing but the music player of the Dreamcast.
I tried to run it from the CD, and doing ISO images too, but nothin seems to work.
Maybe (shurely) I'm doing something wrong.
*I'd want some support (from the beggining) about making games work.
*also want to know if I can run the games from ISO's instead of the CD-ROM

PLZ answer soon

japedo

im also having the same problem...using a self boot image of resident evil code veronica i mounted it using alchohol 120% i ran it using the new gfx version and when i hit init it took me to the cd player....if someone could tell us what were doing wrong it would be much appreciated

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
-Did you check If you configed it to the right drive

-Try using Daemon tools which is recommended

-It must be selfbootable check your game

Stezo2k

S-2K
LiquidSnake, the original release of code veronica is non-boot, theres a chance this is not, if it doesn't get recodnised as an audio cd, it's not selfboot.

The reason why mine works, is because I selfbooted mine a few years back

OP
L

LiquidSnake

Yeah, I tried to do the self boot thing, but the CD-RW that I insert on the LG CD-RW is supposed to have the game recorded in it ?.
Because it doesn't.It's still blank

Here's what I have done and what I have:
*The RE CV cd's (the two of them)
*win aspi is done
*alcohol 120%
*Chankast latest version
*selfboot

Oh, and the RE CV already have the IP.BIN in them:
I read that it doesn't matter, that it might have the IP.BIN and still don't be selfbootable.
and Chankast shows me the CD player screen it says that is 1 Track of 76 or so minutes, but that's it, no game.

LucasHala

Nice, but i played Code Veronica in this emu...:D
But sometimes game drop me on Pulpit:| with error
I can'r run Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 and Doom:|
But this emu roolez and i wait for another release...:D

OP
L

LiquidSnake

Cool, maybe you can tell me how did you do to play it, plz step by step.
It's a game I've been trying to play for ages.
This is the first and only chance that I've got.

OP
L

LiquidSnake

I finally could make the self-boot CD, but it doesn't boot either, could it be because it's a CD-RW ??

How do I know if it is burned in the right way? (I mean with the audio tracks at the beginning)

OzTm

I have had a lot of problems with making self-boot CDs. Some of the tutorials/programs worked for me, some didn't, mostly because I don't have a CD-RW drive (I suppose that is the reason :) ).

Until now, the most secure way for me to finally get a CD to boot seems to be the one described below:

You'll need:
Dreamcast CD (with the game that won't boot)
Ahead Nero Burning software
Alcohol 120% virtual cd software
IsoBuster software
bin2boot program

You put your Dreamcast CD (the one that won't boot) in your drive and copy all the files on it (my cd already had an IP.bin - if yours doesn't, you should create one and put it here too) in a folder on your hdd (let's say "C:\recv"). Then start Nero and create a new CD (Compile New CD -> Data CD -> New) and put all the files in the folder on your hdd (C:\recv) on that CD compilation (the new cd/left window in Nero). Now burn an image (you can select the virtual burner) leaving the cd settings on the defaults in Nero. This will result in creating a .nrg image on your hdd, wherever you decide to put it/name it (i.e.: C:\images\recv.nrg)
Now mount this image in the Alcohol 120% virtual CDROM drive.
Open IsoBuster, select the virtual CDROM drive (Alcohol) and right-click on the CD icon and select "Extract CD -> RAW DATA (*.bin,*.iso)"
Give the image a .bin filename (i.e.: C:\images\rawrecv.bin) and let the image be created. At the end of the process the software will ask you wether you would like to create a .cue file (the new browse window that pops when reaching 100%), and you can just click cancel, as you don't need the cue file, just the .bin one.

And, at last, start a command prompt from that directory (in the example it would be C:\images), and make sure that you have the bin2boot.exe file there)
write "bin2boot rawrecv.bin" in the command prompt and see what happens.
The program should find the ip.bin there and continue by hacking it and creating a new SELFBOOT image file, called image.cdi
When it's ready, you can mount the image.cdi in the Alcohol 120% CD drive and, after you configure Chankast to run the game from the Alcohol drive, you should see your game boot by pressing init.

I have suggested Alcohol 120% instead of Daemon Tools because I couldn't get my image to boot from Daemon Tools, but when I mounted it on Alcohol, it worked.

However, you will NOT be able to enjoy Resident Evil Code Veronica, because the emulator crashes at random points in the game, making the game unplayable after at most the first 3 rooms. I managed to get inside the 4th room only once, but after the cutscene that followed, the emulator crashed. So we will just have to wait for the next version, where this is fixed. Until that, good luck with making your CD selfbootable.

OzTm

Cool

Can you attach a cht file for that? Because I tried some Codebreaker codes (without the first 2 digits) and they didn't work. I'd like to try the Rocket Launcher against those wiseguys outside ;)

OP
L

LiquidSnake

Woah, tks OzTm, man, you really have been helpfull.
Of course I'll try, anything to play RECV, and if you tell me that those bugs will be fixed, I'll hold on to this forum and Chankast till it does.

I did't know anything about this program tough, bin2boot, If somebody could tell me where to download it form ( I'll google it anyway, hope i got luck)

OzTm

LiquidSnake: you're welcome, and seems that the bugs are fixed.
We can finally play this game properly, thanks to this great emu and its team. Yupeee!

SeiferAlmasy

can't work for me...

bin2boot always crashs with a error

Can't load DPMI
no protected mode available
no protected mode available

jareg

Just A Guy
We hear you no need for three posts (and you can delete your own posts )
Try anothe selfboot utility there are lots of them everywhere
I personaly use Fastboot

Google is you friend :whistling