What's new

Having trouble booting up Chankast >.<!

sylent3ck0

Everytime I try to load SF3rd-strike up It tells me "Chankast_GFX..etc..etc Has ecountered a problem" It takes a few seconds for it to tell me that though....anyway, someone care to at least try to help me out?

achiles

sylent3ck0 said:
Everytime I try to load SF3rd-strike up It tells me "Chankast_GFX..etc..etc Has ecountered a problem" It takes a few seconds for it to tell me that though....anyway, someone care to at least try to help me out?

if you have read the stickys you wil see if you machine is compatible or not. post your specs maybe we can help. and be more through about the error.

OP
S

sylent3ck0

I've read the stickys

None of them pretained to my computer. Here are my specs
===============================================
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz

Installed Memory: 256 MB (SDRAM)

Motherboard
---------------------------------
Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Video Output Interface: AGP 4x nVidia TNT2 M64
-----------------------------------
Memory
RAM Technology: SDRAM

Max Supported RAM: 512 MB

Installed Video Memory: 32 MB

Installed RAM: 256 MB
----------------------------------
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 60 GB

Hard Drive Interface DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
CD / DVD

Optical Drive Type CD-RW

Optical Drive Read Speed 40x (CD)

Optical Drive Write Speed 6x

Optical Drive ReWrite Sp... 10x
Other Drives
------------------------------------

Floppy Drive 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy
Audio / Video

Audio Output Type Sound Card

Max. Video Resolution 1600 x 1200

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Your videocard doesn't meet the minimum requirements (nVidia Geforce/ATi Radeon). You'll need a new graphics card to run Chankast.

mezkal

Man on a mission
sylent the gfx card you need is not an expensive one....

sylent3ck0 said:
woo..that was easy....damn i guess i'm shit outta luck :(

There are a great many Chankast users on this forum who on use a Geforce4 MX
- a cheap ($50 or less) solution. However what people here haven't told you is that your CPU is 500Mhz slower than the recommended 2Ghz - This will affect the speed of the emulator overall and will probably mean you won't be able to run the emulated DC games at full speed. That's, of course, based on the specs as required or recommended to run the alpha release of Chankast. These requirements may change over time.

Bottom Line ? At least buy a cheap Geforce4 MX if you want to be able to run Chankast. Furthermore make sure you're using an appropriate compiled version of Chankast to match the game you're trying to run. In the case of your example, make sure you're running the Capcom hack version of Chankast.

Feel free to contact me via the forums if you need any help.

Cheers

Mezkal

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
if you can afford it, invest on a GF4Ti series (or ATI equivalent)... i've one MX and for chankast is 'ok'... but for the rest of new games (FC, SplinterCell,etc..) it's really bad... because doesn't have proper pixelshader support. And many emus are starting to use PS and VS... so i think it's a better inversion. They aren't too much expensive in comparison with a GF4MX card.

mezkal

Man on a mission
I second that! a Geforce 4ti 4200 should be cheap as chips too. Prolly only another $20 ontop of the MX and it will everything a lot better - including Chankast.