What's new

intel p4 hyper threading compatibilty

achiles

Hey guys I got a question for anybody that owns a p4, does this emulator support hyper theading yet, Iam asking because when I use the chankast and press (ctrl alt del) task manager it only show 50% cpu usage, just wondering. later :bye3:

vleespet

The decent one
I've got exactly the same with winrar, and I've also got a P4, so it may be the hyper threading indeed.

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
well... hyperthreading is not so much useful for games and this kind of app.... it matters because you have the emu in 'one processor' and some backgrounds tasks executing in the 'other' (well...i prefer to call it pipeline than processor)... but in terms of the emu itself... it's not very useful... as far as i use it developing, you need to create multiple threads with some heavy restrictions... i think it's more useful optimize it with instruction sets as SSE, SSE2, 3DNow, etc.

Lilwolf

you might

you might get better luck by increasing the app priority so that the background tasks aren't using 50%. (pull up task manager... Processes... right click on task... ).

Anyway, it might help out a little with priority problems.

OP
A

achiles

Lilwolf said:
you might get better luck by increasing the app priority so that the background tasks aren't using 50%. (pull up task manager... Processes... right click on task... ).

Anyway, it might help out a little with priority problems.

I tried but no luck, I did find that by disabling hyper threading I get about 20% increase in performance, specially on loading time. And it uses 100% cpu power.

some newer games use hyper threading well as I just recently found out running differrent games i.e. farcry ,call of duty use 100% of the proccesor (I can tell by playing the game on a window)

Last edited: